Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tell us how you get your kids to eat veggies and Green Giant will donate up to $2000!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Click here>>> How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables? to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family and tell us how you get your kids to eat more vegetables.

Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment.

eating

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
lolorachel
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM
It is not an issue for us. We all eat the sane things. We make him try a fruit or veggie before he decides he doesn't like it. The kid will devour avocados!!! He eats more fruit and veggies than anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Sneaky Chef book is our savior. My kiddo is as picky as I am. If we can taste it we dont eat it.. except corn and fruit.

MMM fruit.

Trick for us is to add it as filler to foods we eat, like pureed cauliflower to mashed potatoes. Extra bulk, tons of fiber and nutrients.. tastes like potatoes!
andersongirl562
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:18 PM
I say " EAT". They say "ok"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1crazymomx1
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM

We started veggies young. He likes to try new things, and we have him have at least 2 bites of new things each time we have them. He loves carrots, green peeppers, cucumbers, etc, especially if he has some dip for it. He LOVES salad, just need low fat italian dressing and he eats it up.

Hoolikay
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine beg for veggies of all kinds- especially broccoli, cucumbers, greens and carrots. I never have to try to convince them to eat them :)

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:05 PM
She helps me garden and pops cherry tomatoes as we go.
Hutersmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM
My son loves his veggies! I let him pick which veggie we eat with dinner every night!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chunkyhoney78
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I do the same thing.

Quoting rawrmommysaurus:

I hide them in sauces and under cheese.  Althought they are older now so unless I puree them first they usually pick them off.

MrsCuniculus
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I tell them desert is celery with dip! I just changed the definition of desert and snacks when they were little. All kids talk about desert and snacks, but mine think it is celery or carrots.

ABeaverhausen
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I make them because I'm mean & bigger than they are.  And if they refuse, they don't have to eat them for dinner, but I'll wrap them up and get them out again for breakfast.  Now what do I win?

Unfit Parenting

Buy something so my babies can eat fancy this week!
www.cincymurals.blogspot.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)