Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tell us how you get your kids to eat veggies and Green Giant will donate up to $2000!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Click here>>> How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables? to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family and tell us how you get your kids to eat more vegetables.

Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment.

eating

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I started feeding them vegetables as soon as they were able to eat solids. They've always liked them. There are a few that certain kids are picky about, but as soon as they see the other kids eating them, they will too. A good kind of peer pressure :)
mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:18 PM

my daughter loves veggies in meatless spaghetti, baked by itself. She is big on fruits and veggies more than she is on donuts and junk food.

LovelyMommy24
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM
My kids love veggies. However, I put corn in their mashed potatoes, squash in mac & cheese (Thank you Dr.Oz), I'll put broccoli in spaghetti (If you haven't tried it you should), Asparagus cooked in a little butter on the stove and it's amazing. In our home there's a vegetable with every dinner. We don't usually have any problems but if we did I'd be hiding the vegetable in everything. If the vegetable is out of the can I make sure to rinse them first and then throw a little pepper on them. I believe children often learn from their parents, if mommy and daddy are eating vegetables their more like to eat them as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM

i let my then 2 yr old watch abby cadabby eat broccoli and like it  she couldnt gobble it up fast enough

fraujones
by Mommytron on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Cook with them. 

fraujones
by Mommytron on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Serve them in smoothies.

Jasmine565
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM
I eat them myself and set a good example. Rename the broccoli by calling it a tree, cook them multiple ways, hide the in other foods, etc.
RunAndKickGirl
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:39 AM
We've always included fresh vegetables in our meals, and my 5-year-old loves them! Her favorites are broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, peas, asparagus and corn. When she was 3, I took her to a toddler cooking class (yes, this sort of thing truly exists.). She made an omelet with asparagus, feta and fresh dill. Afterward, she considered herself a chef and eagerly helped wash and chop veggies for our meals. My husband and I make a big deal of how great the veggies are when she's helped to prepare them. We eat alot of brown rice and roasted chicken with our veggies, because it is delicious! This way of eating is all she's known, so it is perfectly natural to her. We also keep the fat/sugar cravings at bay by steering clear of french fries, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, candy, soda and excessive fruit juice.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:37 AM
We experiment! I ask that they try one bite. Usually, they end up liking it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Ranch dressing. Plain and simple, ranch dressing, LOL. Or if something that will go with cheese, CHEESE.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)