Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tell us how you get your kids to eat veggies and Green Giant will donate up to $2000!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Click here>>> How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables? to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family and tell us how you get your kids to eat more vegetables.

Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment.

eating

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Replies (71-80):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM
I never really had to convince mine...they have no other choice, and they have been eating veggies since they were babies...I refuse to 'hide' food to get them to eat something...my 4 yo's favorite veggie is kale and my 2 yo loves raw carrots...they snack on veggies all the time...cherry tomatoes are their idea of a treat...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I hide them sometimes :) Deceptively Delicious is a great cookbook! Sometimes I just don't tell them what they are eating. Mashed cauliflower....YUM they think its mashed potatoes. They will eat them in soup if its chopped up finely. And sometimes they just won't eat what I fix, BUT they will take ONE thank you bite, and ONE no thank you bite. Our taste buds change every 7 years. And trying just a little you might find that you've been missing out on something awesome! I hated squash as a child, now its one of my favorite dishes!

hottmomma264
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM
I put them on his plate and he eats them right up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dirby1988
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Dd likes veges. corn, carrots, and peas are her favorite. She loves vegetable soup but we never make it anymore since we moved in with df cuz he makes his different.

RoxyJI
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM
I simply explain the fact that the veggies are nutritious and will make them healthy and strong (like popeye). They have no issues with the taste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM

This is what happened at my house. But they love veggies on the grill.... Yummy.

Quoting jessicasmom1:

start kids eating vegetables early in life , they will continue to like them as they grow DD sure does

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

jstanthrmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I started early and fed my oldest organic baby food and vegetables. My little ones are big fresh vegetable eaters as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teatyme007
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Are you kidding? I serve them to him! Avacado was the first food he'd ever eaten. He's 5 now and people can't believe it when they see him eating brussells sprout, asparagus, brocalli, collard greens, you name it, he'll eat it. We're not picky. And we also got very lucky!
Wehms2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Add flavor (somehow)  I used to make a spinach omelet/souffle........1/3 pound bacon cooked first, half dozen eggs and a can of Popeyes Spinach baked in a cast iron pan.....seasoned with Lowrys Seasoned Salt.  Served 4.  The flavor of bacon and eggs masked the spinach........of course, letting the kids know it was Popeyes seemed important, too.  :o)

How do I collect my $2 Grand?  LOL

Vanz
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM

blend up veggies or finely chop them and mix them in with the rest of the meal! works great for picky eaters!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)