Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm divorcing my husband because he's deploying. EDIT AGAIN

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And I don't want to be left with the kids for months while he gets out of parenting.

ETA yes, this is a troll post. Some is true some isn't. I'm not divorcing him, we have four kids, I really do own two businesses and rarely use the health care or shop on base, and he did promise he was getting out of the military and I was bawling when he signed again. I really was a single parent to our first and he is nothing but his full father now. I got through a deployment just fine and will again. I have never cheated and would never cheat. And I do know that for me single parenting is way easier in so many ways, including stability, but I suck it up for him.

I know some of the worst people ever that serve yet are alcoholics, beat their wives, and cheat or sneak out to club and get high with a married female while their wife is sleeping and is under so much stress she takes sleeping pills and they are on R&R. Not one of those women wasn't bashed for wanting to leave because their heroic husband serves the country. You can dress a turd in a uniform but it is still a piece of crap. Not all of these men that serve are good and worth waiting for yet people bash the wife for not taking the crap just because the man wears a uniform and goes to war.

This was a spin off but also to prove that many of you jump to conclusions when there is only one line of the intro and you can't bother to see what the whole book is about. I find the judgement disgusting and the telling someone to kill themself deplorable. Thank you to the ones that were supportive. I have gone through a lot that most of you wouldn't understand and I appreciate those that didn't slap a judgement on someone that could be having a hard time. I would be more than happy to chat with those of you that tried to understand.

Second ETA: for the people calling me a whore and wanting my husband to know, my sn is lalaballet. PM me and I will give you info where you can reach him, I am that sure that my marriage is fine and my edit is true.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Replies (491-498):
MomGoneGreen470
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Of the 23 years my husband served 9 years alone was spent deployed to SW Asia before and after the gulf war. This doesn't include his time spent other places like panama and such. I pulled long hours as a mom here at home. Spent lonely hours wondering if he would make it back. Not once was I so selfish as to think divorce. You see being married to military makes you part of the team, meaning everything done for the greater good of America is done by you also. So when my husband retired so did I. I even got a retirement certificate which was awesome. Bottom line....marriages equal team.......and you never let a team member down......ps....closer to God you two get the closer to each other you will get!
Quoting Love060708kids:

Holy shit.  My husband was deployed for 12 months to southern Afghanistan...never thought about leaving him.  Military life isn't for everyone. *shrugs*

lovemyfamily864
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't read the whole thing but I will say that you are absolutely right.  Being in the military doesn't make you a good person.  Alcoholism is a HUGE problem in the Army.  So is addiction to video games.  

KDouglas2
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:42 AM

If you didnt want to be judged...then why post something like this???  I dont understand these troll posts.....am I the only one who thinks they are stupid???

fanci64
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM
At one point she said 4. Lol
tblush
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM
I can't beleive some of the cold hearted bitches in here....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Quoting tblush:

I can't beleive some of the cold hearted bitches in here....

Me or in the thread?
TinDoll
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Exactly

Quoting lilpep100:

People judged because you put that you were leaving him purely out of selfishness. Of course any woman who bails on her husband JUST because he's in the military is a bad wife. 

Now, if there are other things to it... like say my ex for instance. My ex was deployed and having sex and partying with other women while their ship was in Italy. I left him the day he got back. I don't care if your DH is on the front line of a war, if he's hooking up with female soldiers or writing love letters to other women, then he completely deserves the divorce. But, I would wait until he returns from overseas. 

tblush
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm talking about all these judgeMENTAL, mean, even crazy women who wanna pass judgement so quickly ... They need to walk a mile in someone else shoes for a minute. Either that or they need to get layed....lmao...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN