Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i have to let her cry.. I can't do it anymore update!!! update again!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM
  • 60 Replies

My two month old, will not sleep unless I'm laying down with her, and I just can't do it anymore! My neck, back and shoulders are hurting, I havea constant headache from not being able to sleep, and I have a two year old as well that I have to be up with in the morning, that needs mommy to play with her! So tonight, I gave the baby a bath, fed her, burped her, made sure her diaper was clean and dry, danced her to sleep, then put her in her bed, about five minutes later she started crying of course, I just have to let her cry! I can't do the sleeping with me thing anymore, and she sleeps through the night now, so with no midnight feedings there really isn't a reason she needs to sleep with me. I understand that mommy is comforting, but mommy needs sleep too right? I don't know what else to do, I put her in her room, in the playpen (we're about to move so I already took the crib down) and I'm trying to let her figure out that is where sleepy time will be from now on, this is tough :(

No, I am not simply letting her CIO all alone in there by herself, if she cries for more than five minutes I go in there pick her up, love her, give her her passy and lay her back down, she is not downright screaming, she is just being fussy. And I found a tube sock, filled it with rice and warmed it up and laid it on her and she seems pretty ok with that!

IT WORKED!! the sock worked!! she is sleeping peacefully in her bed and has been for over an hour now!!!! oh my god I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!!! I kinda wish I wouldn't have drank the coffee I had when she was fighting the sleep now..

by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I guess if that's what works for you then whatever. I slept with all 3 of my kids in my arms until they were 6 months old then transitioned them into their cribs with no problems. I personally could never let a baby that young cry themself to sleep but that's just me. I put my kids needs before my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

both of my kids have needs, not just the baby, and i'm not the kind of person that can sleep with the baby in my bed, I'm too heavy of a sleeper and I'm afraid something would happen to her, So having the baby in the bed isn't really helping any of us, it makes me cranky and tired during the day, so my two year old suffers as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess if that's what works for you then whatever. I slept with all 3 of my kids in my arms until they were 6 months old then transitioned them into their cribs with no problems. I personally could never let a baby that young cry themself to sleep but that's just me. I put my kids needs before my own.

DaiTilley
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM
I'm sorry you're going through that momma =(
Is there any chance that she's got something else going on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cklamour
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM
If that's what you think is best then fine. Just check in on her if she's crying for too long. Don't let it get to the point were she can't catch her breath between wales. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

nope, shes perfectly fine, just only wants to be held! but one of my friends told me to get a tube sock and fill it with rice and tie or sew it shut and microwave it for a minute and lay it in the bed with her, so that she feels the warmth and thinks its me,

Quoting DaiTilley:

I'm sorry you're going through that momma =(
Is there any chance that she's got something else going on?

AnjalisMommy07
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM
5 moms liked this
Ffs she's 2 months old. CIO advocates don't even recommend CIO until 6 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I would have to sidecarthe crib. Doesnt matter that you tookit sown.put itback up.

Place her in the crib ateverynap.

My daughter is nine months and still sleeps with me and nurses on demand. Yea, its hard some days.... But ita what is best for her right now.
DestinyHLewis
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM
(((((Hugs))))) I know it's rough. Hang in there mamma. She will be fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

you did the right thing. don't feel bad. the majority of moms i know had to do the same thing, myself included. it sounds silly to say but in it will get better with each passing day :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Could it be the playpen is uncomfortable
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)