Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm 20 years old and pregnant again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies

I got pregnant at 16 and now have an amazing little girl who is 3 years old. I have been on the pill since with much success. I had to go to the hospital as an emergency and missed my pill for that morning, spent the night and missed my pill the second morning. I got out, took my pills like normal and went about my days. I started my sugar pills and didn't start my period. I tested and I had a positive pregnancy test. The guy I am with is terrified and due to our situations of me being jobless, and out of school, and him trying to recover from alcoholism, we decided abortion is best. I am only 5 weeks and made my appointment this Tuesday. I am terrified about this! I kind of don't want to go through with it. I am full of emotions as it is and the only reason I am doing it is because my bf wants to, and because I already have a child while being young and I would believe it would be rough for me. I have a friend who is slightly older than me and she just found out she is pregnant. Her boyfriend died in a car accident a month ago though and she is just going through too much as it is and is getting abortion. So I have one person who I can talk to. I feel lonely, guilty and afraid. I sit up every night, crying, going back and forth on my decision. Sometimes i don't feel it is real and i can go through with it, other times I am afraid of the procedure or the abortion pill and how I would feel afterwards, and then I tell myself I am keeping the baby and that is all there is to it. I even picked out a name. Andrew Lillian. =( I guess I just wanted to talk and hoped i would find a clear answer.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this
If your second guessing dont do it
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM
:(

Only you can make that decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

My advice is that if you are not 100% do not go through with it. This is not something you can take back if you change your mind.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd have an abortion too.

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM
There is no clear answer in this situation, hun. You have to do what's best for you and your daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM
3 moms liked this

I think in this situation it's best to think about the child you all ready have. How would another baby affect her life? If you are struggling finacially the new baby would take from your other child.

I'm sure you will make the right choice.

Amanda52007
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM
5 moms liked this
How about adoption?

And don't say you couldn't do it - if you can have an abortion and rid your body of that fetus, you can have adoption as an option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladypickelz2012
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
What about adoption?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Hun i am 21 and about to have my second baby. Being young is a pain in the ass but things happen. Before you go through with it find people who have been in your situation. Not just on here but there are support groups. I had a dnc done a year ago bc i lost a baby and it was the most painfully mental thing i have ever gone through. Make sure you want to do this and he is wanting you to. If you keep the baby im sure you can find things to do to support it. And don't think of names until you are sure on this. Best of luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ABeaverhausen
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I had one.  I did a lot of second guessing too.  But I just couldn't imagine bringing a child into a situation where we would be on government assistance, (I was still in college, unmarried, etc.)  It was a very hard decision.  But I don't regret it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)