Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting the girls upgraded!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies

Poll

Question: Which type of implants would you get?

Options:

Silicone

Saline

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 90

View Results

So, I have finally made the decision to finally get a Breast Augmentation and a Breast Lift and I am beyond excited. After breastfeeding, losing over 75+lbs, I'm currently 100lbs less than my max weight, and the fact that I have tubular breasts, see here for more info on tubular breasts --> http://www.sanfranciscoplasticsurgeryblog.com/tubular-breasts-and-plastic-surgery-walnut-creek-san-francisco-east-bay-area/

my girls have been defeated...or deflated...nonetheless.. I decided to put a spring in their step, and get them upgraded. I literally have nothing except nipples. I run alot and I don't even need a sports bra. I just wear a compression tank and so I have a chest like a boy :( ..actually we were joking around one time and my husband said he had bigger breasts than me.. of course he retracted the statement and apologized profusely, but sadly it's true.

So, the reason I'm here is to get some input from those who have already gotten an augmentation or are thinking about getting an augmentation. Silicone or Saline?

I'm getting a submuscular implant, because I literally have no breast tissue..with either a moderate or a moderate + profile..

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I have saline, but will be switching to silicone soon. So clearly silicone :)

Jade89
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM
My mom had a double mastectomy earlier this year, she had silicon implants (I told her not to) put in during reconstruction surgery. Not even two months later one started leaking, she had to have it replaced last week.

Saline is safer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy5912
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I have saline and love them!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I have saline, but will be switching to silicone soon. So clearly silicone :)

What made you choose silicone over saline?  Which profile did you choose? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting mommy5912:

I have saline and love them!!!

Really!!  Do you have any issues with the rippling and/or sloshing I heard can happen?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Neither.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Quoting Jade89:

My mom had a double mastectomy earlier this year, she had silicon implants (I told her not to) put in during reconstruction surgery. Not even two months later one started leaking, she had to have it replaced last week.

Saline is safer

ohh noo..I'm sorry to hear that!  How did she find out it was leaking?  Does she like the saline implants more?

kansasmom1978
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I want new boobs sooooo bad! I hate my little ones. But dh says they are perfect and won't let me spend that kind of money. LOL

OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM
I'm not sure. Maybe in my dreams this will happen lol. I think my mom got silicone though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jade89
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
She had a really hard spot on the side of her breast that was causing pain and got it checked... She had it replaced with another silicon implant (facepalm)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jade89:

Saline is safer

ohh noo..I'm sorry to hear that!  How did she find out it was leaking?  Does she like the saline implants more?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN