Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting the girls upgraded!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Which type of implants would you get?

Options:

Silicone

Saline

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 90

View Results

So, I have finally made the decision to finally get a Breast Augmentation and a Breast Lift and I am beyond excited. After breastfeeding, losing over 75+lbs, I'm currently 100lbs less than my max weight, and the fact that I have tubular breasts, see here for more info on tubular breasts --> http://www.sanfranciscoplasticsurgeryblog.com/tubular-breasts-and-plastic-surgery-walnut-creek-san-francisco-east-bay-area/

my girls have been defeated...or deflated...nonetheless.. I decided to put a spring in their step, and get them upgraded. I literally have nothing except nipples. I run alot and I don't even need a sports bra. I just wear a compression tank and so I have a chest like a boy :( ..actually we were joking around one time and my husband said he had bigger breasts than me.. of course he retracted the statement and apologized profusely, but sadly it's true.

So, the reason I'm here is to get some input from those who have already gotten an augmentation or are thinking about getting an augmentation. Silicone or Saline?

I'm getting a submuscular implant, because I literally have no breast tissue..with either a moderate or a moderate + profile..

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Replies (51-60):
OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Never mind I just asked her, she got saline lol. But she likes them and has had no issues. She's had them for about 2.5 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

How does she like them? Has she had any issues?

Quoting OxbAbIebxO:

I'm not sure. Maybe in my dreams this will happen lol. I think my mom got silicone though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
froggynow3
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

With all these ladies on here you will definitely be able to figure out what is best!! I wish you all the luck on the new tata's!!! I got new ones myself but in the other direction a week ago!!! Yep I had a reduction!!! Best thing I ever did!! I hope you enjoy whatever you choose as much as I do now!!!

Maisy08
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM
There was not fee for care credit when I did it, I had saline put in. I did sleep in my rocker for the first 2 nights, guess that is supposed to be better. The pain was nothing really- you take pain killers for about two days, or that's all I needed anyway. The band is not as painful as annoying. For the first 3 years I never slep on my stomach just because I love them so much I didn't want them to change at all. Lol I thought I was done having kids when I had them done but after my 4th child was 3 I wanted another so I got preggers again but they stayed the same and I still love them. I do wear a bra to bed every night so maybe that is why mine haved stayed up and happy so well but I wore a bra to bed even when I had none so there was nothing different for me there. Good luck and hope its as easy for you as it was for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Quoting froggynow3:

With all these ladies on here you will definitely be able to figure out what is best!! I wish you all the luck on the new tata's!!! I got new ones myself but in the other direction a week ago!!! Yep I had a reduction!!! Best thing I ever did!! I hope you enjoy whatever you choose as much as I do now!!!

Thank you love!!  I'm glad you are happy with your reduction!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Quoting Maisy08:

There was not fee for care credit when I did it, I had saline put in. I did sleep in my rocker for the first 2 nights, guess that is supposed to be better. The pain was nothing really- you take pain killers for about two days, or that's all I needed anyway. The band is not as painful as annoying. For the first 3 years I never slep on my stomach just because I love them so much I didn't want them to change at all. Lol I thought I was done having kids when I had them done but after my 4th child was 3 I wanted another so I got preggers again but they stayed the same and I still love them. I do wear a bra to bed every night so maybe that is why mine haved stayed up and happy so well but I wore a bra to bed even when I had none so there was nothing different for me there. Good luck and hope its as easy for you as it was for me.

It seems my doctor doesn't accept care credit, so we may just end  up putting it on our credit card that has 0% anyways, we'll just have 12 months to pay it off.    I've never had enough breasts to justify wearing a bra to bed..hell..barely a bra to work lol  How does it feel when you sleep on your stomach? I might buy one of those pregnancy pillows for pregnant women to sleep on their stomach and use it for the twins lol  I'm glad to hear that they are still the same after pregnancy.   We were trying for another, but there is no telling when it will happen, so I figured could just get these in the meantime lol

cocoroo
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I have had saline for the last 7 1/2 years. I will be getting silicone when I have them replaced. I have heard that silicone look and feel more real and you don't get rippling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Silicone because they are more durable, and usually last longer. They make new silicone implants now that gel up before they leak. I think they look more natural, and don't rupture as easily as saline. 

I plan on getting silicone, behind the muscle.

Maisy08
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Well mine are great still and yes I do sleep on my tummy now for the last year or so, not sure that really ever mattered, except in my head lol. I have just always wore a bra to bed since I was young and no I really never need one till I had the surgery. My doctor gave me 30 Valium and like 30 pain killers for after the surgery. Lucky for me I only took like 3 of the Valium but I did save them and I use one every time I fly in a plane, one Valium and a beer helps me fly, lord I hate flying. Haha
HotMichMomma
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM
I work in the or... Saline under the muscle.

If silicone busts... It is a mess. Sticky and slippery all at once. We have to scrape it out of you. It takes forever and since it isn't natural in your body you can get toxicity or infection. That stuff is disgusting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Was this back in the day? They have been revised before they got to come back on the market, making them safer now. You just have to have annual exams to check everything. The silicone does not leak like it used to.

Quoting ChelseySpelsey:

She had a slow leak and it poisoned her body. She won a huge settlement, because of it - but now has serious health issues. Her body is full of toxins. It's awful.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh noo! Really? What happened?

Quoting ChelseySpelsey:

Silicone implants almost killed my mother.

Saline gets my vote.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)