Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession is....

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this
I rarely believed what many comments you all have said perfect strangers have said to you about your children in a public place.
I must now apologize as today I experienced it myself.
I was at walgreen's and my two year old was in the seat...his clothes are getting a little tight, but here at the end of september, I can justify buying shorts and things you know, so his belly was slightly pooching over his shorts and I teased him "Come on, fat belly" I did so with affection and the silly voice and some late fifty yr old woman was coming in and looked at me disapprovingly, and said "Your mother shouldn't talk to you like that....I hope you have a short memory. Your are cute"
Now I'm not as assertive as many of you, so I just smiled until she was done and walked out asking my thirteen yr old "can you believe she talked "at" us like that? He says " I KNOW! You poke our belly buttons all the time, I don't feel fat when you do it...it's just a quirk you have!" And he's two! He is supposed to be chubby! What a wierdo!"
So anyhow, Sorry I doubted you all, apparently there are c*nts out there that speak totally out of turn !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AleaKat
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Lol yep! Had a woman bitch at me for not having shoes on my newborn in the summer at the beach......really?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Maybe she was joking around, you know older ppl are just more a Little uptight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM
maybe she was joking but that comment "I hope you don't have a good memory" really unsettled me. Like I said it was in a sweet, lovin tone and two yr olds typicall go through a "belly" stage. They grow up and out, up and out....all kids do.

Quoting lissetteP:

Maybe she was joking around, you know older ppl are just more a Little uptight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN