Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My day. Yes, i would like a cookie.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
There may or may not be a greys anatomy spoiler at the end of my rant. It has yet to be confirmed. Just insinuated. Forgive me.

I woke up today in a good mood. The bus stop stalker was at it again. (That's 1) kids get on the bus, I come in to watch some GMA, dh comes downstairs and leaves for his morning coffee/newspaper run. He returns, I take big gulp of my coffee.. just to find out they f*c*e* it up. (That's 2) should have known at that point it was time to give up and go back to bed.

Dh heads out to the unemployment office to fill out some apps. I throw in a load of laundry, then go to lay my youngest down for a nap. I hear squeeking, uh oh. I walk to the laundry room to be hit with the smell of burning rubber. I get out a trusty butter knife & open it up.. it's stuck on something. (That's 3) I wiggle stuff around a bit & start it up again. Squeeking gone, smell slowly getting less pungent. Crisis averted. Dh comes home. There's a job fair for a huge company in our town tomorrow, yay! I also got a job offer today (double yay!) Have to go Monday to fill out paperwork.

Dh goes outside to clean some stuff up. Takes dd, PERFECT I have time to shower before midnight! Phone rings. No shower. Dd's at school, her back teeth are killing her, I need to go get her. Ok, off to the school I go. I pick her up, get her home, tylenol & a nap. Her cheek and gums are swollen. This isn't good. Call dentist. They won't accept the medical card. Crap. I spend the next two hours calling my way through the dentist section of the phone book only to be told "sorry, we're not accepting new patients" or "sorry, we don't take the medical card" (mind you.. some of these dentists are 2 hours+ away) In a last ditch panic, I call the pediatricians office. She says it sounds like an abscess, they call in an antibiotic & give me a list of 6 Dr's that accept the medical card. I make more phonecalls. 3 no longer take the medical card, 1 can't get her in until February, emergency or not. 2 aren't there, I leave a message for one.

Dd's awake, ds & dh are playing catch in the living room (which apparently is only ok when dh is involved?) Dd jumps behind dh on the couch.. the ball flies dh leans back to catch. His elbow connects with dd's mouth.. she screams, jumps off the couch jumping up and down, blood flying everywhere. I grab her to take a look. Her mouth is full of blood, top front tooth that was already kinda loose is now much more loose and her gums are bleeding everywhere. We run upstairs, she's garggling water, spitting out blood.. bleeding slows. She insists on brushing her teeth. Dh opens the medicine cabinet to get her tooth brush, of course an almost full bottle of cough syrup falls out and right on dd's head (bubble wrap, I swear.. that's what? 4)

The next couple hours are semi uneventful, mom called, she's willing to pay for an appointment at our regular dentist. Can't get in until the 11th, but she's at the top of the list in case someone cancels. They said to have her take the antibiotic Dr prescribed & motrin. If the pain gets worse, call & they'll see what they can do. Great!

Off to drop ds at karate. I take my youngest with me. We head to Walmart to pick up dd's prescription. Get to Walmart, give them dd's medical card. It's not going through what? The paperwork was accepted 3 weeks ago. Oh yeah.. dh told them I lost their cards from a couple of years ago, they have new numbers.. I haven't gotten the new ones. Shit!! Ok, it's an antibiotic, can't be that bad, $48!!!! What? Walking through Walmart, bawling w/ my 3 year old collecting bananas, bread & chocolate cake, because I deserve it today. Mom calls, no, I don't want to borrow the money.. I just want dd better. I'm just having a bad day. FINE I'll take the money. They won't take her debit card over the phone. Off to moms (20 minutes away) to get the card. (Positive, we stopped to get gas, dd wanted cookies. I told dd no, she had just had dinner, she was fine. Sweet man handed her $3 to buy cookies, dd has never been happier) get moms card.. back to Walmart. Why don't they have pretzels on that side of the store? (I forgot ds needs a bag of pretzels for school tomorrow)

Now I'm home. And Arizona's dead.

Screw this day!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilred57
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Go and enjoy your cookie! You deserve it, I hope tomorrow goes more smoothly. Hope your kiddos have a better day, and that you both find the jobs that you are looking for :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I'm genuinely impressed someone read the whole thing.. lol. Tomorrow will be better. I'm declaring it now.

Quoting Lilred57:

Go and enjoy your cookie! You deserve it, I hope tomorrow goes more smoothly. Hope your kiddos have a better day, and that you both find the jobs that you are looking for :)
t1gger143
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Damnit Arizons dead! greys isn't on fora few more hours.
Hope tomorrow is better I hate crappy days.
Destiny907
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL okay watch this vid, one of my fav songs:  "I want a cookie"  I PROMISE you will like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQFquIPhLs

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM

oh honey! those days BLOW! so so so sorry! I think doctors, healthcare, and insurance are the biggest culprits of my stress at times. i would have cried and drank a gin and tonic by the end of the day. I hope she feels ok to make it to the appt. bless your mom's heart for helping! major hugs! <3

dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Well I hope you have a better tommorow and a even better weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:41 PM
hugs! I hope tomorrow is better!
dee1603
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!! So upset right now!!!

Sorry you had a shitty day b
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I got a lemon bar, will that help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM
It's sooooo irritating! She's in pain and everyone's essentially telling me "that sucks, sorry about your luck." I'm just had half of my piece of chocolate cake.. I feel slightly better. If I didn't have to be up early tomorrow, trust me, the bottle of wine I've been saving for a "special occasion" would be gone.

And yes, my mama's amazing!

Quoting zomgkerrie:

oh honey! those days BLOW! so so so sorry! I think doctors, healthcare, and insurance are the biggest culprits of my stress at times. i would have cried and drank a gin and tonic by the end of the day. I hope she feels ok to make it to the appt. bless your mom's heart for helping! major hugs! <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)