Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help me plan a housewarming party

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM
  • 5 Replies
I want to have a housewarming party. I bought my house last month. I am a little nervous that people will think I'm just begging for gifts. I really have everything I need for the most part. I mean there is still little things here and there, but I'm sure everyone has that problem.

Anyway. What sort of party should a housewarming party be?

I want to provide good food, but I'm thinking horderves. I also want to provide beer and alcohol. The town I moved to is famous for their beer. Anyone ever had Abita beer??

I want to invite a few coworkers, family members, and friends. If I had to guess maybe 20 people MAX would actually come.

I would appreciate any advice!!!
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Toadstoolmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM

BUMP!

Toadstoolmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Bump
superm0m877
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:56 PM

lol i just had the most amazing housewarming party. we just had chips and dip, veggies and cheese and we ordered pizzas. we also had lots of alcohol. I have pictures to prove that lmao dont make a huge deal out of it, just have fun!

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM

It sounds like you've got it covered already. You don't want gifts so add it in the invite. You want to do hors d'oeuvres, check www.epicurious.com for good recipes. House warming parties are fun :)

Toadstoolmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Ok good so it looks like as long as I keep it simple and have booze it will be fun!

Do you send out formal invites or just word of mouth??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)