Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

19 month olds kind of suck

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why didn't anyone warn me??!!!

ALWAYS into EVERYTHING. Telling him NO doesn't make any difference. We have toddler-proofed to the best of our ability but some things cannot be kept out of his reach. UGGGH. I am so frustrated.

Tell me this too shall pass. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my god my 3 yo is horrible. What I buy all depends on if my 3 yo can destroy it or not. I refuse to buy any kind of new furniture. All my crap is garbage cause its not worth having nice things.

Quoting Renraw:

Since becoming a mother wasn't warning enough, I'll let you in on a little secret; 3 year olds are satan's spawn. Just wait, they are awful little creatures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TraceyMR
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

At 22 months, not yet. DD likes to climb up on the window sill and swan dive onto the sofa. It's hell on the nerves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is almost 19 months, he's such a good boy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM

No schedule other than meal times/bath time/nap time. He has several interactive toys. He's too young to take to a park yet (runs away.) Sometimes I give him crayons and paper. He's kind of at a weird in-between age and stage I feel. We play with his toys sometimes but I have chores/cooking/laundry blah blah to deal with. I fail.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Are you not keeping him entertained? He'll get into things if left to his own devices, it's your job to make sure he is occupied elsewhere.

Is he on a schedule? What are you doing with him during he day?

angevil53
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TessB
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I look forward to three. It is up from there. My oldest is 11 so I'm sure things will be going downhill soon lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

It passes.....right on to more frustrating things. Enjoy this time :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Beat him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM

We need to tear out all our old carpeting but...oh hell no! Maybe when the kids are ten or older!

Quoting deadlights86:

Oh my god my 3 yo is horrible. What I buy all depends on if my 3 yo can destroy it or not. I refuse to buy any kind of new furniture. All my crap is garbage cause its not worth having nice things.

Quoting Renraw:

Since becoming a mother wasn't warning enough, I'll let you in on a little secret; 3 year olds are satan's spawn. Just wait, they are awful little creatures.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I had an early walker and can sympathize. For the first few months, she was content just toddling around. Then came 13 months. It's been hell ever since (she's just about 18 months now)! I wouldn't change a thing, though. :)

Good luck, Mama. You can do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN