Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

19 month olds kind of suck

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why didn't anyone warn me??!!!

ALWAYS into EVERYTHING. Telling him NO doesn't make any difference. We have toddler-proofed to the best of our ability but some things cannot be kept out of his reach. UGGGH. I am so frustrated.

Tell me this too shall pass. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
LoveMyLos
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

no.....it does not. it only gets worse.

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
He's not to young for the park. Let him run and be FREE! Lol. It'll wear him out. Just be ready for the chase :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

No schedule other than meal times/bath time/nap time. He has several interactive toys. He's too young to take to a park yet (runs away.) Sometimes I give him crayons and paper. He's kind of at a weird in-between age and stage I feel. We play with his toys sometimes but I have chores/cooking/laundry blah blah to deal with. I fail.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Are you not keeping him entertained? He'll get into things if left to his own devices, it's your job to make sure he is occupied elsewhere.

Is he on a schedule? What are you doing with him during he day?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it shall pass. Be consistent with the rules and eventually one day you will win.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Exactly this. He just has times where he is a total asshole and other times where he is a sweet, curious, intelligent little boy. We laugh at his antics a lot but there are times he really tries my patience, DH too! 

Quoting Anonymous:

I was just thinking the same thing about my almost 19 month old :(

She is so so frustrating tonight!

Of course I still love her but grrr!

Ashleeduhh
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My nephew does that now and he's a year. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahsmommy508
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
God dd is only 8 months old and into everything :/ can't wait !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yellownes8
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
It's just a phase I promise! My oldest just turned 3 and she was a little hell raiser at that age! My middle child is 22 months now and she is exactly the same as her older sister! She's been driving me insane!!! My oldest is actually a polite, well behaved child now though for the most part. What a difference a year can make!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is 15m and is the same way. Into absolutely anything she can destroy. I can't even look away for a
second lol. Well have another one due when Callie turns 19m. I'm terrified.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

19 months is an awesome age!! He is NOT too young for the park if you stay with him. To me, a mothers job during the day is her child/ren. Cleaning and all of that can wait until nap time or bedtime. There is so much to do with a child that age during the day.

My kids are 6 & 7 (Yes, I had 2 children UNDER 2) I loved this age.

http://handsonaswegrow.com/2012/04/50-toddler-activities/

This should get you started. I also recommend getting him on a routine, it'll make your life so much easier.

Quoting Anonymous:

No schedule other than meal times/bath time/nap time. He has several interactive toys. He's too young to take to a park yet (runs away.) Sometimes I give him crayons and paper. He's kind of at a weird in-between age and stage I feel. We play with his toys sometimes but I have chores/cooking/laundry blah blah to deal with. I fail.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Are you not keeping him entertained? He'll get into things if left to his own devices, it's your job to make sure he is occupied elsewhere.

Is he on a schedule? What are you doing with him during he day?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Is she walking yet? It's hell when they start walking. You have my empathy. You will adapt to every "fun" new stage but sometimes you will want to go outside and scream swearwords into the universe.

Quoting sarahsmommy508:

God dd is only 8 months old and into everything :/ can't wait !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)