Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

19 month olds kind of suck

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why didn't anyone warn me??!!!

ALWAYS into EVERYTHING. Telling him NO doesn't make any difference. We have toddler-proofed to the best of our ability but some things cannot be kept out of his reach. UGGGH. I am so frustrated.

Tell me this too shall pass. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Replies (31-35):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM

*Thank* you.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

19 months is an awesome age!! He is NOT too young for the park if you stay with him. To me, a mothers job during the day is her child/ren. Cleaning and all of that can wait until nap time or bedtime. There is so much to do with a child that age during the day.

My kids are 6 & 7 (Yes, I had 2 children UNDER 2) I loved this age.

http://handsonaswegrow.com/2012/04/50-toddler-activities/

This should get you started. I also recommend getting him on a routine, it'll make your life so much easier.

Quoting Anonymous:

No schedule other than meal times/bath time/nap time. He has several interactive toys. He's too young to take to a park yet (runs away.) Sometimes I give him crayons and paper. He's kind of at a weird in-between age and stage I feel. We play with his toys sometimes but I have chores/cooking/laundry blah blah to deal with. I fail.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Are you not keeping him entertained? He'll get into things if left to his own devices, it's your job to make sure he is occupied elsewhere.

Is he on a schedule? What are you doing with him during he day?

Ashleeduhh
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
That's why I'm scared to try for another baby. I always wanted at least 2-3 but now that I have one, I'm terrified of having another. Idk how people do it!!

Quoting nocalmegan:

Mine is 15m and is the same way. Into absolutely anything she can destroy. I can't even look away for a

second lol. Well have another one due when Callie turns 19m. I'm terrified.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parisonmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My 19 month old does the samething.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

To me, having 2 only 12 months apart is probably easier then having the so spaced out in age.

It is all about getting them on a routine.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

That's why I'm scared to try for another baby. I always wanted at least 2-3 but now that I have one, I'm terrified of having another. Idk how people do it!!

Quoting nocalmegan:

Mine is 15m and is the same way. Into absolutely anything she can destroy. I can't even look away for a

second lol. Well have another one due when Callie turns 19m. I'm terrified.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
That's why I love my hardwood. No carpet EVER. ( I'm just as bad at spilling things. Shhh!)

Quoting Anonymous:

We need to tear out all our old carpeting but...oh hell no! Maybe when the kids are ten or older!

Quoting deadlights86:

Oh my god my 3 yo is horrible. What I buy all depends on if my 3 yo can destroy it or not. I refuse to buy any kind of new furniture. All my crap is garbage cause its not worth having nice things.

Quoting Renraw:

Since becoming a mother wasn't warning enough, I'll let you in on a little secret; 3 year olds are satan's spawn. Just wait, they are awful little creatures.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN