Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i feel...empty.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My fiance is in jail, has been for a while now. We write back and forth all the time, he calls, and we are about to start emailing again. I'm just ready to break, I work everyday to hold it all together, and I can't seem to find the time to go visit him. Plus he is in prison in a different state. I'm just at the point that the letters aren't enough. His t-shirts aren't comforting anymore. I love him so much, words can't even explain. I'm a very affectionate person and when he was home, he was home everynight .and nights were our time. We would lay in bed and cuddle and talk all night. As soon as I would get my son tucked in,we would just go cuddle up. And lately I just kinda feel empty. I was strong for a year and a half but now, I just feel empty and lost. I truly feel he is my other half, and he did everything for me. Always surprised me with flowers and if I cooked then he would clean up. But I'm just starting to feel lost.
Advice anyone?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 4:20 AM
Why is he in jail? How long before he gets out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 4:27 AM
How much longer until he's out? I don't think I could ever be with someone in prison. I guess it's kind of sort of like when SO is deployed. I feel lonely too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 4:29 AM
So is he in jail or prison?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting AF2011:

How much longer until he's out? I don't think I could ever be with someone in prison. I guess it's kind of sort of like when SO is deployed. I feel lonely too.

Um no. That is nothing like a deployment. Please don't compare criminals to our soldiers. YOU should know better. :-(
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 4:50 AM
I know!! I thought of that after I posted it! Sorry!! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AF2011:

Um no. That is nothing like a deployment. Please don't compare criminals to our soldiers. YOU should know better. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 4:56 AM
I am sorry you are having to go through this... But you refer to ds as your son... Does that mean df isnt his dad?... If he isnt I would definitely cut ties and leave... Not only are you not happy but having a criminal in my home with my kids just wouldnt fly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 4:58 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting AF2011:

Saying that you feel lost when your so is deployed isn't comparing a criminal to your soldier, it's comparing the emptiness to the emptiness and there is nothing wrong with that!
august_baby_09
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:41 AM
I agree...some ppl here take things way out of context.

Op I know it's hard you just have to decide if its worth it. What's he in there for? How much longer? Is that your child's father?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AF2011:

Saying that you feel lost when your so is deployed isn't comparing a criminal to your soldier, it's comparing the emptiness to the emptiness and there is nothing wrong with that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:46 AM
I have no advice for you. After 18 months I had to give up. I just couldn't take it anymore. I also opened my eyes and realized I didn't want my children around a criminal (especially not what he did, no he's not a sex offender)

If you truly want the relationship to work check out prison talk. It's like cafemom for people in relationships with prisoners
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)