Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homework time at your house

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 164 Replies
1 mom liked this

Question for moms of school-age kids.  I'm just curious about when homework gets done at your house.  Do your kids do it right after school, after snack but before dinner, before or after whatever afterschool activities your kids might be involved in, after dinner, just before bed .... etc.  I know some parents who insist homework is done immediately after school, some who set aside time after dinner, some who don't care as long as it gets done.  I'm in the latter group myself, doesn't matter to me when as long as it's done but not 5 minutes before bedtime!  lol.  And do you have a *homework station*?  I know of moms who have an area in the house set aside just for homework,with pencils and crayons and other supplies like that, and some who have homework boxes and the kids are not allowed to use those supplies at any other time.  Not me, I couldn't care less where it's done or which pencil is used.  But hey, whatever works ...

No bashing please, just a few random questions here I'm curious about.  Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by Anne on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this
We do it right after school.usually he's having a snack at the same time. Ds1 is only in first though, so it's basic reading and math homework
alwayskk
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM

My oldest just started kindergarten. When I was a kid, I came home right after school, made myself a snack, and ate it at the coffee table while I did my homework. I did this every day without parental supervision, I'm hoping my kids will do the same. I think it's the best way. :)

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I pick ds up on my way home from work @ 3, we try to have homework done before dh gets home at 6 so we have the rest of the night as a family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM
My 6 and 8 year old get off the bus at 3:45. They sit down at the table and do homework. They are usually done within 30 minutes and then have a snack. My 11 year old gets home at 4:30 and gets a snack and does homework while eating. His takes about an hour. By 5;30, backpacks are put away and I start working on dinner,
MumaSue
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM

My DD has to have a routine so we get home from school, she chills out for about 15/30 mins and then she does her homework.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM
My DD gets HW on FRIDAY and its not due until Thursday. She does a page every other day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM

The kids have a snack and then do their homework before dinner. Right now they really don't really have much so it might change as they get older.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM

after snack/before dinner and then finished after showers if necessary.

we don't have a dedicated space for it, but they each have homework kits that have all the assorted supplies they might need.

beachbabies6
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM

our homework time is snack and start homework immediatly while still in school mode , it works best for us and you will find what works best for you

KME3
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Normally right after school with a snack..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured