Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homework time at your house

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Question for moms of school-age kids.  I'm just curious about when homework gets done at your house.  Do your kids do it right after school, after snack but before dinner, before or after whatever afterschool activities your kids might be involved in, after dinner, just before bed .... etc.  I know some parents who insist homework is done immediately after school, some who set aside time after dinner, some who don't care as long as it gets done.  I'm in the latter group myself, doesn't matter to me when as long as it's done but not 5 minutes before bedtime!  lol.  And do you have a *homework station*?  I know of moms who have an area in the house set aside just for homework,with pencils and crayons and other supplies like that, and some who have homework boxes and the kids are not allowed to use those supplies at any other time.  Not me, I couldn't care less where it's done or which pencil is used.  But hey, whatever works ...

No bashing please, just a few random questions here I'm curious about.  Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Replies (111-120):
Pnukey
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM

They do it after school, before I get home. I check it when I get home, and then we eat.

wittyscreenname
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM

My kids come home from school and have a snack, then they do homework for 30 minutes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:12 PM
In my house, homework is done after 30 minutes of free time. Homework is done at the kitchen table. Some pencils are saved for homework (so I know where they are) but everything else is fair game.
masonsmommy107
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM
We let ds's brain rest. after 5 pm we start home work. so he can play watch tv till then. he's in kindergarten btw
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nayg
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM
We do it right out of school so that they can go play afterwards, they eat snack while doing homework
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy6
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:17 PM
My kids have to do right after school. They all get home at different times, if they have more than 15 mins of homework they can have a snack while doing homework.. My boys who get home last don't normally get a snack bc we eat at 5-15 every night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darkwhisper
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:22 PM

My oldest does it right after school while having a snack. He seems to concentrate better that way. Sometimes whe he doesn't have alot of homework to do, he gets to play or watch tv a little then he does his homework. We sit in the living room at the coffee table. I'm actually getting his application filled out tuesday for K12, and pulling him out of this school.

Threes.Company
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Homework starts in October for kindergarteners.  My plan is to come home, feed her a snack, let her relax for 30 mins.  Then homework, before her after-school activities.  Then home for dinner.

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM
we do it when she gets home from school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katsins
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM
We start hw when they get home and I let them have a snack while they do it. My 4th grader has soo much hw she takes almost 3 hrs before its done. My 1st and K will do activity books and color after school assignments. They ask for more work so they can be with their older sibling. We have a station where the 3 can do hw. I prep dinner while they work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)