Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Proud to be an American :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Today a local hero is being laid to rest. He was killed last week during his deployment in Afghanistan. He only spent 3days with his new wife before being deployed. Our streets are lined with people from the community all the way from the highway to the church his funeral is being held at and down to the funeral home. A good 5mile stretch. He is being buried with full military honors. Thank you to all the men and women in uniform fighting for our freedom! Even for the ungrateful asses that is the westboro baptist church. Yep they are here too.

RIP PFC Townsend.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
ltamomma
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

In  a few short months my brother and brother in law will be headed to Afghanistan . It will be my brothers second tour and my brother in laws third tour. My brother in law already missed a lot with my neice before. The first time he met her was when he returned after his second tour. I am just glad my mom finally retired . She went to Iraq when all this first started and she said it was insane hell. They go through so much there and I have heard some of the stories but some they will never tell. The ones that noone wants to hear. My mom was a foot away from death three times and its scary knowing that. This man died a hero for our country. I am ashamed of the church who wants to bash our military. I guess they do not have family members in the service. I will always hold my head high and respect our troops. RIP Townsend thank you for your service. He was young if he was a PFC .That is sad.

Nunyabusiness
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:59 PM
:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Yes he was very young. Graduated last year from highshool So sad.

Quoting ltamomma:

In  a few short months my brother and brother in law will be headed to Afghanistan . It will be my brothers second tour and my brother in laws third tour. My brother in law already missed a lot with my neice before. The first time he met her was when he returned after his second tour. I am just glad my mom finally retired . She went to Iraq when all this first started and she said it was insane hell. They go through so much there and I have heard some of the stories but some they will never tell. The ones that noone wants to hear. My mom was a foot away from death three times and its scary knowing that. This man died a hero for our country. I am ashamed of the church who wants to bash our military. I guess they do not have family members in the service. I will always hold my head high and respect our troops. RIP Townsend thank you for your service. He was young if he was a PFC .That is sad.

night.magic
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM

sad 

kaitlynherring
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Me too. They give us Kansans a bad name.
Op that is incredibly sad. :(

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I hate westboro. I hope the Patriot Guard is there too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michellina11234
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM

sending my prayers to the family during this sad time

IntactivistMama
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Fuck the WBC! :(

mom2hadley
by Heather on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:16 PM
:(
vickiheitzler
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:17 PM
This made me cry. I lost my best friend a little over a year ago to the war. So sorry to hear what happened
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM

PFC? Probably way too friggin young. RIP

my husband is going soon enough, Idk why but its much more scary than Iraq was to me. Westboro came here for a service as well. All the stuff that happens everyday, and no one takes those ass holes out. Idc if I sound bitter when I say that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)