Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How does it feel when your water breaks???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Although I'm 38 weeks pregnant & this is my 3rd pregnancy, I've never had my water break naturally, before actually going to the hospital. Both times my contractions started at home, we went to the hospital & they broke my water there.

Since I haven't experienced this in the past - I'm wondering will I know if/when it happens this time.

So mommies how did it happen for you?
Was it a little trickle or a huge gush?
Not to be gross but, does it smell like urine or is it odorless?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Replies (41-48):
3Aces2012.
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM
I was induced and while I slept I felt like I was peeing myself and I told dh and he told the nurse. It felt really good for some reason lol it felt like pressure relieved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Ok funny thing first. I totally read your title as, "How does it feel when your WIENER breaks?" lmao 

I had mine broken both times. The first time I have no idea what it smelled or looked like, I just know it was bloody because my placenta was tearing away. The second time it didn't smell, it was clear, and it was like I was slowly peeing while I walked. lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

the doctors always did it with all 3 of mine kids but when they did it was so warm lol....

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM
With my first i sneezed and thought i peed the bed but after i went to the bathroom to "finish peeing " i realized that even tho i no longer had to pee it kept comin out so i went to the hosp they put a little strip thing in me and said yep your water broke. With my other 3 the dr broke my water
LilynAustin
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine broke when I was getting off the toilet.  I actually heard a popping noise when I was peeing...but didn't know what it was.  When I got off the toilet I was like, "Why am I still peeing...OMG, my water broke!!!"  My husband ran into the bathroom because he was excited, but seeing me standing there leaking everywhere he was like, "REALLY? wow...yeah...ewww"  It actually feels like you are peeing yourself.  It's odd.

maitwocees
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM
My water broke for number two.( Dr broke first one.) I just got out of my car and was walking when it broke. it was that warm feeling like when you off your pants, without the feeling you peed your pants. it didn't run down my leg, but later it did. lol. once it breaks, it can gush more. I didn't know. but I changed and when I got out of the car again, gush!!! Load of water down my legs wearing Capris . I sat on a towel then on till I got to hospital hours later. nurse said once you're water breaks, u can leak water when baby goes pee .also didn't know that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Lol at the title you thought you read :)

Quoting kfroz0415:

Ok funny thing first. I totally read your title as, "How does it feel when your WIENER breaks?" lmao 

I had mine broken both times. The first time I have no idea what it smelled or looked like, I just know it was bloody because my placenta was tearing away. The second time it didn't smell, it was clear, and it was like I was slowly peeing while I walked. lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)