Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How does it feel when your water breaks???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Although I'm 38 weeks pregnant & this is my 3rd pregnancy, I've never had my water break naturally, before actually going to the hospital. Both times my contractions started at home, we went to the hospital & they broke my water there.

Since I haven't experienced this in the past - I'm wondering will I know if/when it happens this time.

So mommies how did it happen for you?
Was it a little trickle or a huge gush?
Not to be gross but, does it smell like urine or is it odorless?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
jlm2676
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Both times it was in the hospital and I was hooked up to the heart monitor. Both times I heard the pop on the monitor and felt a gush of water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ViridianSoul
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Some people get a trickle or little bit of leaking, and some others get a huge gush. One way or the other, if you're concerned about it, you need to call your OB and go in so that they can check.

MyLittlePwny
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I had been having contractions for over an hour and decided to change out of my pj's.  Once I got my pants off I heard a muffled "pop" and it felt like I peed myself.  With every contraction water leaked out.  I had to call my mom and tell her what was going on and she's the one who told me it was my water.

ETA: Since I thought it was pee, I sat on a white towel through a contraction.  I got up and looked at it and it was clear and I didn't smell anything.  Well, maybe a tiny bit sweet, but nothing really noticeable.  I also smelled the carpet where it broke and couldn't smell anything.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:20 PM
For me, like a water balloon exploding inside me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:20 PM
The first time a huge gush the second like I was peeing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

You know how when you are huge and pregnant, you might leak when you laugh?  WELL, I was lying in bed one morning and rolled over and I felt a leak of sorts.  And I'm thinking HOLY SHIT, now I have absolutely no bladder control?  It used to only happen when I sneezed of laughed really hard.  So then I get up and walk around and I'm fine.  But I lay down again and CRAP, another leak.  And this went on for a couple of hours on and off.  Stand and walk, no problem. Sit down and rest...LEAK.  So finally I call the doctors office and they tell me to put on a pad and call back in a couple of hours.  So about 1 I call back and they ask me if anything is better and I say, hell no...and I'm tired of changing these pads.  Then they tell me to get in NOW because my water has broke and I could get an infection and need to have the baby.  No one ever mentioned that to me before when I was on the phone.  I about had a stroke because I still had to shower and shave and stuff and the hospital was 30 minutes away. 

So that's the story of my water breaking.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I had a huge gush and it seriously felt like I pissed on myself.. lol it's odorless :)

DylansMommyXo
by Daggy on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM
My water broke at 38wk, I got up at 6am to pee and felt something trickling down..when I got to the toilet a lot gushed out as well as a little blood. I just knew, lol.
LynBoz
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM
I went pee then went back to bed and laid down, I thought I peed myself and was like wt I just went pee, did I seriously pee myself! Then I felt another gush and I stood up and turned the light on.. and another gush. My water had broke and it started to trickle after 3-4 gushes, I had to wear a pad on the way into l&d.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Idk. My water just broke and I was suddenly wet. Did not anything but my pants wet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)