Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How does it feel when your water breaks???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Although I'm 38 weeks pregnant & this is my 3rd pregnancy, I've never had my water break naturally, before actually going to the hospital. Both times my contractions started at home, we went to the hospital & they broke my water there.

Since I haven't experienced this in the past - I'm wondering will I know if/when it happens this time.

So mommies how did it happen for you?
Was it a little trickle or a huge gush?
Not to be gross but, does it smell like urine or is it odorless?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Mine leaked for hours and I thought I was peeing my pants until contractions started. I was pretty grossed out. It didnt smell like urine.

MommyKir
by Kay on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM

For me, it felt like i peed my self but everytime I moved it just kept coming... My sister says her was like one huge gush of fluid, and my other sister says her's was just like a tiny trickle of water here and there. So its different for everyone, I think it has to do with how big the tear in your water is, on how it comes out... idk For me it was odorless. didnt smell like anything.

squeekers
Bad Golf Taking advantage of a balmy day in New York, a priest and three other men of the cloth swapped their clerical garb for polos and khakis and time out on the golf course. After several really horrible shots, their caddy asked, "You guys wouldn't be priests by any chance?" "Actually, yes, we are," one cleric replied. "How did you know?" "Easy," said the caddy, "I've never seen such bad golf and such clean langu
Today at 4:54 AM
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM

i've been told it's like you've pee'd yourself

Lynnster327
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Like hot water flowing down but they had to break mines
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Mine smelled like clay. I was later informed that its normal to be scented like that lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM

2 of mine was just a trickle, 1 was a giant gush.  You don't really "feel" anything.  And mine had no smell whatsoever.

1CrazyCajun
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I just felt a warm gush of water between my legs. Like I peed on myself.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Are you more laid back?Come join other like minded moms. No pi*sing matches here.

Sunshine257
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM
I felt like I had to pee then it just gushed out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorisMom
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM

For me, I had squatted down to get something and I felt this pop and then water kinda gushing out. Then it stopped. Then I went to restroom and as I sat on the potty I felt another pop and more water. I went to the hospital and they had to pop the other 2. Apparently your water can actually break 4 times.

Behindthelense
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Mine broke in the middle of the night I had a sharp pain in my back and I sat up, it was a gush, I thought I peed in the bed. I didn't smell anything from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN