Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How does it feel when your water breaks???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Although I'm 38 weeks pregnant & this is my 3rd pregnancy, I've never had my water break naturally, before actually going to the hospital. Both times my contractions started at home, we went to the hospital & they broke my water there.

Since I haven't experienced this in the past - I'm wondering will I know if/when it happens this time.

So mommies how did it happen for you?
Was it a little trickle or a huge gush?
Not to be gross but, does it smell like urine or is it odorless?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
JESSICA97140
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I am wondering this also. My first pregnancy I was induced a week past my due date, so I don't know what the contractions feel like, or my water breaking!

CafeMom Tickers
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Like i had a giant crochet hook in my vagina.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HannahC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM
My water broke at home with my first and third... With my oldest it was like a was peeing myself a little bit constantly. With my youngest, I felt a pop pop and gush. 2 totally different, weird feeling experiences. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I never had it happen and I had 7 kids. The doctor always had to break mine......

Hope someone else can help you out with some info

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

The one time it broke on its own, it was a huge gush.  Literally felt like a balloon popping in me and then the flood gates opened.  In fact, ds was due the week of Christmas and we joked that we were experiencing Noah's flood instead of the Nativitiy.

(I didn't really notice any smell.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

i was laying in the hospital bed when it happend( i was induced)  and it felt like i peed on myself . i laughed . it wasnt alot either

AshleySail
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM
At first it felt kinda like a little gush of pee, and then 6 hours later... It was a HUGE gush that soaked everything lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
layawatling
by Laya on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Continuous gushing, not a tiny bit either and any time you move its like you peed but had zero control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Mine was a huge gush, and it was odorless. I had been in labor for about 38 hours by the time it happened, I was laying in bed at home, waiting for my husband to wake up so I could tell him what the doctor had said, since I'd just had my 40 week checkup that morning, and they had decided that if I didn't progress more that day, they were going to do a c-section the next day.

AshleySail
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I was 37 w 6d

Quoting AshleySail:

At first it felt kinda like a little gush of pee, and then 6 hours later... It was a HUGE gush that soaked everything lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN