Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any natural ways to help induce labor?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm 41w3d and baby is pretty cozy inside because he doesn't want to come out. Dr said 4 more days for me to begin labor or he'll induce, and I don't want that because last time I ended up having a c-section.
Any idea? Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Replies (71-80):
she_walk_softly
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Jump some fences :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Quoting unusualmom:

Theres a bad side to everything.

There are, but it can take only minutes for a woman to bleed out, so it should never be done unless the woman is at the hospital, or near a midwife who knows what she is doing.. although, I don't know a midwife that would recommend black for inducing labor, simply because the risk of hemorrhaging is to much of a risk to take. Now afterbirth yes.. and it does work, but so does nursing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Castor oil can cause diarrhea for you and meconium for baby. OB's advise against it.

Quoting KatieRow1112:

I've read you can also take Castor Oil straight.  Take one teaspoon of it.  Then, take a hot shower.  If nothing happens in 2 hours, take another teaspoon.  And take another hot shower.  It's said to be a sure thing.   

doulala
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM

There might be a safe method to it, but I would be concerned she wouldn't know what that is.    Without her midwife or doula or trained SO at home with her, kwim?

Quoting mkh615:

If you do it on a low enough setting it won't cause contractions to come on too strong. Maybe even stretch out the in between time.

Quoting doulala:

mkh615
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:08 PM

She's risking a lot going that long and hoping for a VBAC anyway. She's risking low fluid, macrosomia , the baby moving out of position and I don't know about your experiences, but none of the OBs I work with in Philadelphia will induce a VBAC. That is way more risky than using a breast pump and hoping to get even some tiny contractions going.

Quoting doulala:

There might be a safe method to it, but I would be concerned she wouldn't know what that is.    Without her midwife or doula or trained SO at home with her, kwim?

Quoting mkh615:

If you do it on a low enough setting it won't cause contractions to come on too strong. Maybe even stretch out the in between time.

Quoting doulala:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

castor oil - mix it in a milk shake or something so you don't taste it, cause its nasty, but it usually helps things along

KatieRow1112
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I've never heard the meconium thing.  That's good to know.

Quoting Anonymous:

Castor oil can cause diarrhea for you and meconium for baby. OB's advise against it.

Quoting KatieRow1112:

I've read you can also take Castor Oil straight.  Take one teaspoon of it.  Then, take a hot shower.  If nothing happens in 2 hours, take another teaspoon.  And take another hot shower.  It's said to be a sure thing.   

~Mom of Two~

EmEssaDuaa
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Stimulate your nipples! When my mom was in the hospital being induced and no progression the nurse tol her to stimulate your nipples it helps to start contractions...And HEY you dont have to be the one to do it ;-) lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM

you could try these maybe? labor cookies!

2 1/2 flour, 1 1/2 baking soda, 3/4 tsp cinnamon,  1 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cayennepepper

8Tbsp butter 1/2 cup sugar 1 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup molasses 1/4 cup egg whites.

Pre-heat oven to 350. Combine flour baking soda and spices set aside. Cream the butter and sugars together

Add the molasses to the creamed butter then add egg whites until combined add the dry ingredients slowly. chill 1 hour

drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet bake 8-10 min once cooled eat as many as you can stomach and take a nap. it says try to eat at least 5.

I dont know id they work, but i have heard they taste good, might be worth a try.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Nipple stimulation. It worked for me when the doctor was wanting to use pitocin. I was already dilated to a 4 though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN