Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex really asked me to let him stop paying child support UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 357 Replies
3 moms liked this

Yesterday, when my ex picked up the kids (we have 2 together) he had them go to the car and asked to speak with me. He said that his wife got laid off 2 months ago and hasn't been able to find a new job. He said they have it very hard financially because now he is supporting him, her and her 2 kids on his own, the only income she now has is the child support from her ex. I said, "well sorry, that sucks but why are you telling me this". He said that he needs me let him off the hook for child support, he pays $967 a month for the 2 kids. I said "so let me get this straight, you want to get out of supporting YOUR CHILDREN so that you can support your wife and her kids, no, if you don't pay every dime you owe, I will file a failure to pay motion." Seriously, I couldn't believe that he would even ask that. He said if he has to keep paying child support, they will have to more and her kids will have to move schools, again that sucks but it's not my  problem.

My ex dropped the kids at home last night and said "since YOU won't let me stop paying my child support and we still have 5 months left on our lease, we are screwed." He said it won't help that much to have her kids go live with her ex because then she wouldn't get child support and would have to pay something (it wouldn't be a lot because she isn't working but it would be something) and they are still in the same place so it's not like the kids being gone would let them get a smaller place. I said "listen your wife and her kids aren't your legal responsibility, our kids are so they should be the FIRST people you support. If it's really that bad tell her to get a fast food job or something but our kids have 2 employed parents, they should have to go without because your wife lost her job.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM
7 moms liked this

Yep.  Your kids come first because afterall that's HIS kids.  

KittyKimmy29
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I would've said the same..no wonder hes your ex lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KG34
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

She's not getting unemployment?  Yeah, he's wrong. His kids should be his first priority not his wife and her kids.

2pittsburghboys
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Good for you...that is total BS....she needs to tell her ex to up his support then...your children should not suffer because his wife is out of work...not ur problem!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn31
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:34 PM

i agree. A court order is there for a reason

kjbennett26
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:35 PM
I would have said the same!!! What a pos loser
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nolo82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha. He's an idiot. It's not ur problem!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:35 PM
4 moms liked this
Stupid stupid man. It is so hard to understand these men that will not pay for their own kids but happily do it for someone else's kids.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:37 PM
6 moms liked this

Mine did that once too.

His face was priceless when I laughed in it

model1000mom
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:38 PM

You handled that very well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)