Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have this bathroom issue too? It's driving me insane!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a bathroom issue.......

Everytime I go to the bathroom, DD follows me! She will NOT leave until I do, and it is getting on my last nerve! Sometimes I NEED those few seconds in there to myself to regroup and to just get some * quiet time * for myself.

All DD does when she comes in there is just sit on the side of the tub, and WATCH me!!!!!! She will constantly ask me * are you done yet? are you pooping, or peeing? * Everytime I tell her to leave, she will....for about 2 seconds! Then she bounces right back in there and once again, she's asking questions!

For the love of all thats bathroom, let me piss and shit in peace kid!!!!!!

Btw, my DD is 6 years old. She has been potty trained since she was almost 2. I have asked her why she follows me into the bathroom ( and ONLY the bathroom ) and she says she doesn't know, she just does it. I've told her that bathroom time is alone time, where only you should be in the bathroom, and she says she knows, but she still doesn't leave when I'm in there! I've even gone so far as to lock the door when I go, and she will stand outside the bathroom door and BEAT on the damn thing till I open it, then she will come in and say * hi momma! * and plop down on the side of the tub!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryjmom
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

BUMP!

ssdbpt2
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM
LOL. Been. There
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you are part of the problem. Don't let her in if you don't want her in there. If she continues to bang on the door and disobey you, punish her as you normally would for not listening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
At 6!? Tell her you need privacy. She's 6, not 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emlinsky
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM

i feel ur pain mama! my 5 year old DD does that same damn thing and it drives me batty... good luck

LogansMommy0328
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM
She's a kid they do that, she's just sounds curious I'm sure it will pass my kids do that to but there only 3 and 4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Um. This. Seem obvious

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you are part of the problem. Don't let her in if you don't want her in there. If she continues to bang on the door and disobey you, punish her as you normally would for not listening.
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Oh lawrd!!! Thank you for giving me a glimpse into my future :-/ DD is 20 months and insists on being in the bathroom with me .. when DF is home I try to escape unnoticed .. but withib seconds she realizes I'm and there and cries at the door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuliaW
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM
At 6 no way lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I have this problem but my dd is only 2 and I let here sit on her potty while I go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured