Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have this bathroom issue too? It's driving me insane!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a bathroom issue.......

Everytime I go to the bathroom, DD follows me! She will NOT leave until I do, and it is getting on my last nerve! Sometimes I NEED those few seconds in there to myself to regroup and to just get some * quiet time * for myself.

All DD does when she comes in there is just sit on the side of the tub, and WATCH me!!!!!! She will constantly ask me * are you done yet? are you pooping, or peeing? * Everytime I tell her to leave, she will....for about 2 seconds! Then she bounces right back in there and once again, she's asking questions!

For the love of all thats bathroom, let me piss and shit in peace kid!!!!!!

Btw, my DD is 6 years old. She has been potty trained since she was almost 2. I have asked her why she follows me into the bathroom ( and ONLY the bathroom ) and she says she doesn't know, she just does it. I've told her that bathroom time is alone time, where only you should be in the bathroom, and she says she knows, but she still doesn't leave when I'm in there! I've even gone so far as to lock the door when I go, and she will stand outside the bathroom door and BEAT on the damn thing till I open it, then she will come in and say * hi momma! * and plop down on the side of the tub!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
maryjmom
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I let her in simply because I don't want her to break the dang door down! I do punish her when I tell her to leave and she doesn't. It's either time out for 6 minutes or I take 6 of her toys/books away for an hour. She will stop for a couple days, but then she will start in again!

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you are part of the problem. Don't let her in if you don't want her in there. If she continues to bang on the door and disobey you, punish her as you normally would for not listening.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM

so stop giving in to it.  let her beat on the door until you're done.  every time you give in to her, every time you answer her nonsense, you reinforce that it's okay to do, and that you'll respond if she just goes on long enough.

MommaRoseT
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM
My 3 year old son does that but dear god I hope it ends before he is 6! I'm thankful my older stopped way before 6 too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I don't mind only because I get m&ms and a potty dance win but the kid is 4 I may start having an issue in the next year or so lol
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM
My two year old won't let me use the bathroom in peace. If her father is home I close and lock the door so I can be alone lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM
My sister and I were horrible about this even as teens we would sit outside the bathroom and talk to her. She now calls us everytime she's pooping as payback and because "it's weird to go 20 years of pooping with company to having to poop in peace and quiet" lmao oops.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Maybe this is why outhouses used to purposely be far, far from the house. LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Oh yes.  For me to go to the bathroom up until about 6 months ago it was a family activity.  My boys would see that was heading towards the bathroom and follow me.  (They are 6 and 5).  Then they would sit directly across from me on the side of the tub watching my every move and also adding comments and jokes etc.

I finally decided I needed some time alone so I banned them from the bathroom during my toilet time and showering etc. 

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM
The punishment is not working. You need to do something else. Six toys gone for an hour doesn't seem like that big of a deal. When my kindergartners don't treat things right they go I. "Toy timeout" for a week.

Quoting maryjmom:

I let her in simply because I don't want her to break the dang door down! I do punish her when I tell her to leave and she doesn't. It's either time out for 6 minutes or I take 6 of her toys/books away for an hour. She will stop for a couple days, but then she will start in again!

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you are part of the problem. Don't let her in if you don't want her in there. If she continues to bang on the door and disobey you, punish her as you normally would for not listening.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1RedHottMama
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM
It would be a little weird if my children did tha,my DD is 19 and my DS is 16. When my kids were younger they would come in the bathroom while I was in there,it just never really bothered me.But,my Saint Bernard follows me anywhere in the house that I go. If I sit on the toilet he will put his head in my lap and if i'm taking a bath he sticks his head in the water and when the water is running he bites at it. If I close the bathroom door he bashes his head into it until I open it and he has actually hit his head so hard against the door that the door flew open. It's easier to just leave the door open.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN