Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have this bathroom issue too? It's driving me insane!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a bathroom issue.......

Everytime I go to the bathroom, DD follows me! She will NOT leave until I do, and it is getting on my last nerve! Sometimes I NEED those few seconds in there to myself to regroup and to just get some * quiet time * for myself.

All DD does when she comes in there is just sit on the side of the tub, and WATCH me!!!!!! She will constantly ask me * are you done yet? are you pooping, or peeing? * Everytime I tell her to leave, she will....for about 2 seconds! Then she bounces right back in there and once again, she's asking questions!

For the love of all thats bathroom, let me piss and shit in peace kid!!!!!!

Btw, my DD is 6 years old. She has been potty trained since she was almost 2. I have asked her why she follows me into the bathroom ( and ONLY the bathroom ) and she says she doesn't know, she just does it. I've told her that bathroom time is alone time, where only you should be in the bathroom, and she says she knows, but she still doesn't leave when I'm in there! I've even gone so far as to lock the door when I go, and she will stand outside the bathroom door and BEAT on the damn thing till I open it, then she will come in and say * hi momma! * and plop down on the side of the tub!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Replies (31-38):
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM
I told dss behavior therapist that I had that issue too(notice I said HAD cause it worked) since he had bad separation anxiety. She said straight to the point- close the door and don't let them in. They need to learn you'll be out momentarily.
I did it and for 4 days DS cried at my bathroom door. Now he is perfectly fine(3yr old). :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxy27
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I have the same problem but ds is only 15 months so it he has to be in there lol. At 6 though I would lock the door, that's too old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM
My 3yr old son does this,but if I don't want him to go in with me I just lock the door
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM
It's called a lock and a door.
hddcooper
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM
YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I haven't peed alone at home in years lol. As long as kids are there. And they are 12 & 13 now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starr1089
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Why dont you lock the door?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM

So shut the door behind you and lock it.  Problem solved.

hollydaze1974
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I believe at six, that behavior is to be lightly disciplined. At age six, she knows it is private AND she is totally aware it ticks you off so start removing things from her room, yes....really. Noone is allowed to bang on any door in our home, that alone is a major offense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)