Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I never buy anything or donate money "for the cure" Do you?

Posted by   + Show Post

I feel like it's a huge sham. I'd rather donate for the cause, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Do you donate to cure cancer or do you feel as I do that we can already cure it but we don't?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
IhartU
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I walk in my sister's honor. I don't donate money or buy merchandise. I feel so much money has been spent on trying to find cures and breakthroughs and we're no closer to anything. The negative side of me thinks they take that money and spend it on things other than cancer research.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I love pink and they get me sometimes by putting a tiny, not so visible ribbon that I don't notice. No, I don't on purpose. I'm convinced there is a cure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I do.

I've ran Relay 4 Life, & donated & bought products. I've also donated hair to Locks Of Love.

Though, my contributions are more-so for my own comfort & feeling "purpose", than actually convincing myself that some miracle cure will be found in my lifetime.

My contributions are in memory of my loved ones lost to this disgustingly monsterous disease. <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

population control...

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

The fuck ?? Don't you think if there was a cure people wouldn't be dying every day ? Seriously.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I have a child with a rare heart defect. I have "donated" plenty. Her surgery cost $$$$$.
PranaPilot
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

The fuck ?? Don't you think if there was a cure people wouldn't be dying every day ? Seriously.

There is no money in the cure for pharmaceutical companies. Scientists have been finding results in natural things that they believe cures cancer, but you can't patent a plant and make money off of it.

RitaTequila531
by *JuStRITa* on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM
If I don't have the money (never a large amt), I donate my time by volunteering
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I occasionally buy stuff or round up to the nearest dollar but no I don't usually donate. We don't clothes and food on a regular though.
EmilysMommy0316
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM
I agree with you!!! Not sure that they have a cure completely although it's funny that there's no cute for HIV yet magic Johnson is doing so well? Could be wrong. Either way I feel like theedical industry is a huge money maker BS thing and I do not donate as well. After being in the medical industry for 6 years it has opened my eyes to sooooooo much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiliM
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I donate to the local rape crisis center, and local cancer care centers.  The big organizations have a lot of sponsors.  The smaller, local orgs don't have as big a donation base.  I support from within my community, first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)