Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I never buy anything or donate money "for the cure" Do you?

Posted by   + Show Post

I feel like it's a huge sham. I'd rather donate for the cause, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Do you donate to cure cancer or do you feel as I do that we can already cure it but we don't?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I do the childrens miracle network, shriners, and breast cancer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I send my money to actual non-profit originations.
Also since my husband had testicular cancer I also feel there is more of a need to give to that and to spread the word about that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Many people with HIV are doing well now. Its not just magic Johnson.

Quoting EmilysMommy0316:

I agree with you!!! Not sure that they have a cure completely although it's funny that there's no cute for HIV yet magic Johnson is doing so well? Could be wrong. Either way I feel like theedical industry is a huge money maker BS thing and I do not donate as well. After being in the medical industry for 6 years it has opened my eyes to sooooooo much!

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes.
Honestly, I love all the pink stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Quoting daughteroftruth:

I think there are more effective cures out there that are not utilized.  

I will donate for research, but I have issues with buying products just for the sole purpose that a small portion will be donated.  I would rather just donate the money straight out.  

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I buy products that support breast cancer research, but our top two charities that we actually donate money to are the wounded warrior project and our local nicu.
daughteroftruth
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

The fuck ?? Don't you think if there was a cure people wouldn't be dying every day ? Seriously.

Do some research on this topic and you will find that it is more controversial then you think.  

Ginger0104
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I do to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  My DH died of leukemia.  It's the least I can do.

I saw a show a couple of years ago with a doctor from St. Jude's.  He said they expect to cure the type of leukemia my DH had sometime in the next 10-20 years.  Those are good enough odds to me to try to help if I can.

CML30
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM
I do Relay for life in memory of my grandpa and anything to do with American heart disease in memory of my mil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Some people believe they already have a cure cause there is too much money in treating. If they cured it the money tree would die. Personally i dont know .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured