Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I never buy anything or donate money "for the cure" Do you?

Posted by   + Show Post

I feel like it's a huge sham. I'd rather donate for the cause, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Do you donate to cure cancer or do you feel as I do that we can already cure it but we don't?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
daughteroftruth
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PranaPilot:

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

The fuck ?? Don't you think if there was a cure people wouldn't be dying every day ? Seriously.

There is no money in the cure for pharmaceutical companies. Scientists have been finding results in natural things that they believe cures cancer, but you can't patent a plant and make money off of it.

can't patent vit c either

Charliesmommy11
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:04 PM
They " believe " it cures cancer is the problem. Nothing to date has ever cured cancer. Remission ? Sure but for how long till it reappears ? It takes millions of dollars to research even one type of drug or plant so why not keep funding it until they find the one that actually works.

Quoting PranaPilot:

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

The fuck ?? Don't you think if there was a cure people wouldn't be dying every day ? Seriously.

There is no money in the cure for pharmaceutical companies. Scientists have been finding results in natural things that they believe cures cancer, but you can't patent a plant and make money off of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:04 PM
The only one I won't support is Susan G Koman. St.

Saint Jude's and American Cancer Society are two good ones..

And I don't buy merchandise, I directly donate so ALL of my money goes toward it, not a small percentage.

I do believe there are cures, but call me crazy, I don't think the big drug companies put them out there, because they wouldn't make as much money. *shrugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiredbutHappy1
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I don't donate money because I never have any to donate. When I had a breast reduction I did donate the skin and tissue to the hospital for them to use on testing and stuff. Made me feel good that I was doing something that may one day help others. Besides if I didn't, they would have just thrown it away...seemed like such a waste when it could possible help find a cure or help find a way to ease someone's pain and suffering. (They took out about 5 pounds from each breast..yea I was HUGE. About a JJ or JJJ.) 

kcrogue
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

The medical industrie is a joke but until people realize this they will keep going to doctors and so I hope they find a cure. But I've had a hard time donating since my mil died of cancer 'cause in all reality the cancer was bad but the chemo killed her. I never buy product with pink ribbon, it's called pink washing. Most of that stuff has cancer causing chemicals in it. We put so much toxins in our body it's crazy I really wish the government would get off their butt and make some law we are so far behind the rest of the world. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM
I completely agree!

Quoting PranaPilot:

I feel like it's a huge sham. I'd rather donate for the cause, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Do you donate to cure cancer or do you feel as I do that we can already cure it but we don't?

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I buy a lot of products that have to do with Breast Cancer Awareness. I LOVE pink and I love the produces that they create. So in a year I donate about $100 to Breast Cancer and I also do the walk every Oct
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Why yes I do.  The pharmaceutical companies make way more money treating cancer then they do curing it. A couple years ago there was this scientist/dr who claimed he had cured a certain type of stomach cancer in lab animals but no one would finance his studies.. He made a huge deal about it on You tube and then died in an accident. 

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

PinkieRed
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Same here! Pink is my favorite color. Also, my husband's mother died from breast cancer when he was 19, so I never got to meet her, and my children never knew their grandmother. So, I am all for anything that supports breast cancer research/treatment.

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

Yes.

Honestly, I love all the pink stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM

this is me exactly!!! 

Quoting AF2011:

I buy a lot of products that have to do with Breast Cancer Awareness. I LOVE pink and I love the produces that they create. So in a year I donate about $100 to Breast Cancer and I also do the walk every Oct

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)