Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I never buy anything or donate money "for the cure" Do you?

Posted by   + Show Post

I feel like it's a huge sham. I'd rather donate for the cause, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Do you donate to cure cancer or do you feel as I do that we can already cure it but we don't?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
daughteroftruth
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PranaPilot:

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

The fuck ?? Don't you think if there was a cure people wouldn't be dying every day ? Seriously.

There is no money in the cure for pharmaceutical companies. Scientists have been finding results in natural things that they believe cures cancer, but you can't patent a plant and make money off of it.

can't patent vit c either

Charliesmommy11
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:04 PM
They " believe " it cures cancer is the problem. Nothing to date has ever cured cancer. Remission ? Sure but for how long till it reappears ? It takes millions of dollars to research even one type of drug or plant so why not keep funding it until they find the one that actually works.

Quoting PranaPilot:

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

The fuck ?? Don't you think if there was a cure people wouldn't be dying every day ? Seriously.

There is no money in the cure for pharmaceutical companies. Scientists have been finding results in natural things that they believe cures cancer, but you can't patent a plant and make money off of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:04 PM
The only one I won't support is Susan G Koman. St.

Saint Jude's and American Cancer Society are two good ones..

And I don't buy merchandise, I directly donate so ALL of my money goes toward it, not a small percentage.

I do believe there are cures, but call me crazy, I don't think the big drug companies put them out there, because they wouldn't make as much money. *shrugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiredbutHappy1
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I don't donate money because I never have any to donate. When I had a breast reduction I did donate the skin and tissue to the hospital for them to use on testing and stuff. Made me feel good that I was doing something that may one day help others. Besides if I didn't, they would have just thrown it away...seemed like such a waste when it could possible help find a cure or help find a way to ease someone's pain and suffering. (They took out about 5 pounds from each breast..yea I was HUGE. About a JJ or JJJ.) 

kcrogue
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

The medical industrie is a joke but until people realize this they will keep going to doctors and so I hope they find a cure. But I've had a hard time donating since my mil died of cancer 'cause in all reality the cancer was bad but the chemo killed her. I never buy product with pink ribbon, it's called pink washing. Most of that stuff has cancer causing chemicals in it. We put so much toxins in our body it's crazy I really wish the government would get off their butt and make some law we are so far behind the rest of the world. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM
I completely agree!

Quoting PranaPilot:

I feel like it's a huge sham. I'd rather donate for the cause, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Do you donate to cure cancer or do you feel as I do that we can already cure it but we don't?

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I buy a lot of products that have to do with Breast Cancer Awareness. I LOVE pink and I love the produces that they create. So in a year I donate about $100 to Breast Cancer and I also do the walk every Oct
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Why yes I do.  The pharmaceutical companies make way more money treating cancer then they do curing it. A couple years ago there was this scientist/dr who claimed he had cured a certain type of stomach cancer in lab animals but no one would finance his studies.. He made a huge deal about it on You tube and then died in an accident. 

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

PinkieRed
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Same here! Pink is my favorite color. Also, my husband's mother died from breast cancer when he was 19, so I never got to meet her, and my children never knew their grandmother. So, I am all for anything that supports breast cancer research/treatment.

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

Yes.

Honestly, I love all the pink stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM

this is me exactly!!! 

Quoting AF2011:

I buy a lot of products that have to do with Breast Cancer Awareness. I LOVE pink and I love the produces that they create. So in a year I donate about $100 to Breast Cancer and I also do the walk every Oct

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)