Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NickMom....

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:18 PM
  • 83 Replies
2 moms liked this

I let my 2 yr old dd watch NickJr at night.  Shows like Little Bill, Little Bear, Wonder Pets... they calm her down before bed.  Tonight however.  I was aware that NickMom would be taking over - AFTER 10 pm.  At 9pm, they start.  I think "Oh well, it's a new thing.  Let's give it a try.  It's on NickJr, how bad could it be?"  O....M.....G.  Cussing.  Making jokes about the human anatomy.  Racist jokes.  So, my 2 yr old, after 10 minutes of hearing this (I was in shock... I had to be sure I wasn't finally losing it and that my ears did NOT deceive me), she comes in and (while giggling) tells me "circle shishin!" (circumsion) and "pee-is!" (penis) and oh yes... the "s" word.  Now, we don't cuss in my household - EVER.  Not a "oh, when I'm mad, I might say THIS" kinda thing.. No, we never cuss.  So to hear this from my child - or anyone's child! - really shocked me!  Yes, I do watch South Park and several adult-themed shows where cussing and rude language and behavior IS seen/heard, BUT not with my 2 yr old.  I am NOT the only mom who feels this way (just read the posts all over NickMom's fb page)....  This is a CHILDREN ONLY channel.  There should NOT be cussing on it.  If it were OWN, Lifetime, or any other channel, I would tolerate it.  NOT NickJr.  Instead, right now, I've resorted to Baby First TV.. my 2 yr old is less than happy over this, and NOT ready to calm down for story time and bed.  

If you think ADULT shows should be kept to ADULT channels, sign this petition - we need about 62 more signatures (last I checked!)

http://www.change.org/petitions/viacom-say-no-to-nickmom#
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
6AM
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I do not think it should be on a channel dedicated to small children. I understand teletoon and adult swim but this is like having tripping the rift on tree house.

RitaTequila531
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I agree, this little change will not last long I predict

Quoting 6AM:

I do not think it should be on a channel dedicated to small children. I understand teletoon and adult swim but this is like having tripping the rift on tree house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tylersmomma7
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I hate it so much!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I am hosting a House Party for this...funny,I dont remember asking to host this as I dont even have cable

UpsideDown
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I signed. I find it very inappropriate, as well.

Aydans_Mommy
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittani
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I'm going to put it on and see what's on. But I agree it should be a kids only channel. Write to the network seriously. A friend of mine did this a few years ago because there were sexual commercials on at 530 -6 am ish on a kids only channel and enough people wrote in that they stopped the commercials
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiffany1014
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I thought it was going to be like the thing they do on Disney Jr where they put like little mini shorts in between the shows, I didn't know that they would replace the entire channel. It was a rough day andmy son didnt nap until 530pm so he is still up. He is used to watching Dora at 9 but there was no Dora. We had to put on Disney Jr instead.

OP, since you get the Nick Jr channel you should check and see if you get Disney Jr

heavenlybliss19
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Seriously, if it was on a different channel, I so would watch after my daughter goes to bed.  

Oh, and we get Disney Jr... thanks for reminding me!!!  

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Never even heard of this til tonight!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured