Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I let my 2 yr old dd watch NickJr at night.  Shows like Little Bill, Little Bear, Wonder Pets... they calm her down before bed.  Tonight however.  I was aware that NickMom would be taking over - AFTER 10 pm.  At 9pm, they start.  I think "Oh well, it's a new thing.  Let's give it a try.  It's on NickJr, how bad could it be?"  O....M.....G.  Cussing.  Making jokes about the human anatomy.  Racist jokes.  So, my 2 yr old, after 10 minutes of hearing this (I was in shock... I had to be sure I wasn't finally losing it and that my ears did NOT deceive me), she comes in and (while giggling) tells me "circle shishin!" (circumsion) and "pee-is!" (penis) and oh yes... the "s" word.  Now, we don't cuss in my household - EVER.  Not a "oh, when I'm mad, I might say THIS" kinda thing.. No, we never cuss.  So to hear this from my child - or anyone's child! - really shocked me!  Yes, I do watch South Park and several adult-themed shows where cussing and rude language and behavior IS seen/heard, BUT not with my 2 yr old.  I am NOT the only mom who feels this way (just read the posts all over NickMom's fb page)....  This is a CHILDREN ONLY channel.  There should NOT be cussing on it.  If it were OWN, Lifetime, or any other channel, I would tolerate it.  NOT NickJr.  Instead, right now, I've resorted to Baby First TV.. my 2 yr old is less than happy over this, and NOT ready to calm down for story time and bed.  

If you think ADULT shows should be kept to ADULT channels, sign this petition - we need about 62 more signatures (last I checked!)

http://www.change.org/petitions/viacom-say-no-to-nickmom#
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Replies (51-60):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I dont agree that it should be a child only channel.

If nick at night is so bad for you try disney, they have better after 9 programs

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Try Sprout. My kids love the good night show. Nick is not allowed in our house.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Okay, am I crazy or am I the only one who just has Nick. 

From like 9am unitl 2pm it is Nick Jr, but after that it is more teen/tween stuff then at night it is Nick at Night, which is not kids shows. 

NONE of my channels are 24/7 kids shows....

SO maybe I am out of the loop... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:15 PM

What a joke, really??? You need to relax.

ARS82078
by Angela on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I didn't know about this. But I don't mind at all. I might check out Nickmom tonight. FYI there are other channels that have kids stuff all night. Disney jr which has already been said and also the sprout channel. 

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM

i'm a mom and I am up at that time. 3-4 times a week I get home from work between 1am and 3am and the other nights if I am up that late it's because I want to be. If you don't like it change the channel.

Quoting brittani:

What is this junk. And what mom is staying up till midnight-2 am to watch this junk. Write to the company. If they want to air this there should made a nick mom channel not air it on a children's channel

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Ok so since you did not make sure your child was watching something you approve of you want to punish the network? Makes no sense to me. If you want to shelter your children then monitor what they watch instead of trusting the network to do it for you, especially at a time of night when most children are sleeping. Nick has been doing this stuff for as long as I can remember. I remember as a kid that at 9 cartoons ended and the adult shows came on. 

ARmomOf3
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I hadn't even heard about NickMom til the other night. I always leave NickJr on at night because my 4 year old is scared of the dark and likes to have the glow of tv and the singing of kid shows in the background. Last night I walked in and thank God she was passed out but I happened to catch what was on and I was like WTF??? I thought she had changed the channel but no, sure enough this crap is on a little kid's channel. I put it on SpongeBob and walked out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM

So how long did you let her watch it that she could pick up penis and circumsision?  And WTH was she up that late?

army_wifey_06
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM
We have dish and get Disney jr

Quoting heavenlybliss19:

just realized... i get nearly every disney channel... except disney junior.  dish network apparently doesn't have it. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN