Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you take your kids to a birthday party at...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies

a church? my parents are very involved in helping this church out..mainly very poor people come to the church and my parents feed them, help them get the things they need, etc. it is a nice church though with a huge yard area and playground. we would have access to the activity building/kitchen area and the outside patio and the yard. here is my reason why, we want to have a bounce house and bounce house slide and we cant have it at the park because we can not watch the bounce houses overnight there. and supposedly the only rental place for bounce houses requires you to keep them for a full 24 hours. if we do it on saturday then the kids at church could bounce on sunday morning also.

i am not religious at all, and my biggest concern is that the party being at a church will detour people from coming to the party. our son is turning 5 and wants to invite his entire class and soccer team. we dont have room for all those people at our house. soooooooooo would you come to a birthday party at a church? what if i specified that this was not a church sponsered event? or would that be too much? do you think fewer people will show up if we have it at a church?

thanks in advance! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BluePandaDreams
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM
10 moms liked this
Sure, I would go. Religion isn't contagious. You can't catch anything simply by walking into a church for a social event.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I would, I'm not religious either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Yep I would come .

Little Man

pregnancy week by week

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm an atheist and i would go..its a birthday party, not a church sermon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I don't see a problem with it. On the invite you could say the party is being held on the patio of (church name)

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

SB2217
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Sure. I'd have no problem. Unless they are going to give kids a religious lesson I don't see why people wouldn't go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Yes....why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I wouldn't willingly go but if my DD went I would tough it out. I don't tend to like many church people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I am not religious at all. but I would go and allow my child to. I would assume it wasn't a church/religious event and that is was a bday party that was just simply being held at a church.

FooLynRoo
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Id have no problem with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)