Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously?!!' he's almost 4!!! ***EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm completely annoyed. My son is almost 4 years old and his family still spells his name wrong!!! Every time I see a mention of my children on FB or in a picture it's some totally random spelling. It's mainly my husbands family and I ask him to correct them and he says it's no big deal or "if I had spelled it correctly" wtf. His name is Jadon. (pronounced Jaden but no relation) and it means God has heard. I loved the meaning so I went with the spelling. Between the family spelling his name Jaden, or Jayden I'm just very annoyed. Anyone else have this problem?

******* to the people saying "well you should have spelled it right" it IS spelled right, for the meaning that I wanted his name to have. So yeah, your argument is making no sense to me.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Replies (351-352):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 66 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:31 AM

My in-laws are the same way. My daughter is nearly 5 now and everyone on his side have collages with her name and the year so even if they did have the passing thought of 'wait, how is it spelled?' it's in their house.

Hers is not a traditional spelling, but I picked her name the same way you picked yours - for the meaning. I've broken it down for them of the easiest way to spell it (there's only one change - change the y they want to put in it to -ie)! Everyone on my side of the family get it and spell it just fine. His mom still spells it with a y every time. I think after the 3rd year birthday cake spelling, I really just stopped caring. His mom's rarely around as it is, my daughter learned how to spell her full name by 30 months (songs are so great!), and now, her teacher knows how to spell it just fine so that's all that matters to me.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Exactly. It cracks me up when people name their kid something odd or spelled wrong then bitch about it.

Maybe I'mm name my next one Jason, pronounced Macy. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Who cares?! You knew you spelled it weird so suck it up and drive on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)