Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gay marriage

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Can you tell me why you are against it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Replies (161-169):
Lena-Loo
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM
You are right. Government has no place in the bedroom nor does anyone outside of that relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you mean no one will do that?

It is a civil union; if you want to call it a marriage so be it.

Also, there should be no voting on anything.  Homosexual marriage shouldn't even be up for a vote.  Why? Bc it is unconstitutional, no equal, taking equal rights away.

The government shouldn't even be involved.

Quoting Lena-Loo:

Ok so why dont we all cast a vote of equality and push to take marriage out and call it by what it really is a civil union. Rename it and make it available to everyone so there is no confrontation. But no one will do that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not?  Nobody owns the word?  You don't, religions don't, nobody.

Marriage is between 2 people who love each other.

Homosexuals should be able to marry just like everyone else in this country, it is called equality.

Quoting Lena-Loo:

I don't cast votes on this matter i just simply said i do not think it should be called a marriage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well nobody told you to freaking become a lesbian.  Your response is so ridiculous.

You are wasting your brain cells by not educating yourself, but ok enjoy your life.

Just stop trying to keep this country unequal w/YOUR beliefs & YOUR God.

Quoting Lena-Loo:

I do not need to waste my brain cells. There is not a vagina in the world I feel like going to hell over.. thanks for the offer tho. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you need to research.  There have been gay marriages.

Definition of MARRIAGE

a (1): the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2): the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage marriage>

b: the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock

c: the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage

: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially: the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities

Quoting Lena-Loo:

Yes but those marriages were never between a man and a man. Who said anything about Christianity? I am a Christian but even the first definition in websters dictionary is the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consentual and contractual relationship recognized by law.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why?  Nobody owns "marriage."

Marriages have been going on LONG before Christianity.

Quoting Lena-Loo:

I think it should be called a union not a marriage. Other than that I don't really care.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SerpentsKiss
by Erica on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I'm for gay marriage. My best friend is gay. I helped him plan his wedding and stood for him in place of a best man.

Saerise
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Matthew 7:1-5

I'm not really against it, as I feel it is not my place to judge. So I'm leaving that up to God. 

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM
I'm not against it so I've got nothing to explain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:26 PM

It's a sin. No sin is worth giving up an eternity with Jesus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

You would rather they debate why you shouldn't because we can all gladly sit back down and let civil rights be denied if that is what you prefer. Silly me I was under the impression that we were unified as people before sexual orientation came into it. Oh and some of us are bi thank you.

Quoting wkukid:

Oh good another post where straight people who know nothing about gay people debate why I should be allowed to have rights!

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I'm still trying to understand why you are siting the bible as references? .....

If I site the Grimm stories as back up for all of the bs that goes on in every day relationships as a reference, would that make my opinion more credible?   I should start doing that.

Quoting stephs5isenough:

Look at:

Romans 1:24-28

New International Version (NIV)

24 Therefore God gave them overA)"> in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.B)"> 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie,C)"> and worshiped and served created thingsD)"> rather than the Creator—who is forever praised.E)"> Amen.F)">

26 Because of this, God gave them overG)"> to shameful lusts.H)"> Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.I)"> 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.J)">

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them overK)"> to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

Check out these links to other specific scriptures a well discussing homosexuality specifically.   (Genesis 19:1-25; Judges 19:22-30; Leviticus 18:22; and Leviticus 20:13)  ,  (Romans 1:24-28; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 Timothy 1:8-11; 2 Peter 2:6-10; and Jude 7).  

Homosexuals, however are not born that way.  There is not proof tha they are.  There are studies where they have tried to look for that but have been unable to do so or they have been discredited. It could be that situations in a person's life have caused this but never born with it. 

Quoting CABZS:

I have accepted my precious gift of life & have a great life that I thank God for every single day:)

Homosexuals are born that way, they can not turn away from who they are & pretend to be something they are not.

I am straight, I couldn't imagine trying to not be just bc the majority found it wrong (obviously hypothetically).

God, your God.  And your believe.  I do not believe God said or taught that homosexuality was or is a sin.

Quoting stephs5isenough:

We all sin every day.  Christians have simply accepted the precious gift of life Jesus gave to us when He took our place by dieing on the cross and rising again in 3 days.  When we accept His gift, we do not suddenly become perfect.  We still struggle with sin and so sin daily.  Due to a desire to please God, we strive to sin less often. 

It is true that pre marital sex and a great multitude of many other things are sins along side of homosexuality.   Like everyone else, homosexuals still have the opportutnity to turn from their ways of living continuously in the lifestyle and accept God's gift of salvation.

The original question was about gay marriage and God did sanction marriage to be between one man and one woman.

Quoting CABZS:

People can believe in God no matter what.  What a ridiculous statement.

Premarital sex is a sin, guess I shouldn't believe in God bc I had sex before marriage.

Quoting Lena-Loo:

I'm not really sure if homosexuals can truly believe in God(s) because homosexuality is a sin in most religions.

Quoting CABZS:

It is not.  Marriage is not owned by religion or by one God.

If you go by this then those who don't believe in marriage wouldn't be allowed to marry.  If you go by this then tribes who don't believe in God don't have marriages.

And it is sanctioned by YOUR God, not everyone else believes in YOUR God.

Quoting stephs5isenough:

Marriage is an institutions sanctioned by God between one man and one woman.

Genesis 2:24

English Standard Version (ESV)

24 A)">Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

karisma22
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Where did she encouage people to tell why you're going to hell?

Personally I don't care who you (or anyone else marries). It defianately isn't my place or anyone elses place to tell anyone where they are going.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting missingruth:

She created a post encouraging people to tell em why I'm going to hell. That's where all of these end up. A bunch of bible thumpers quoting verses and telling me why I'm wrong. I'm sorry I'm not ok with straight people constantly creating posts debating my lifestyle. If they minded their own marriages men wouldn't cheat so much and they would be happier.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephs5isenough
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Quoting Angeldolphine:

The bible also causes a whole lot of harm. Burning of witches, crusades, genocide, slavery, discrimination against women and homosexuals, all biblical.

I find picking and choosing scripture in the bible to be so hypocritical. Sure, you can be for spanking based on a couple of verses in Proverbs, for tithing based on a few OT passages in Malachi, but hey, anything else you disagree with like laws about how women who are born without hymens, raped by their fathers can be taken back to their father and stoned because they didn't bleed on their honeymoon. Or, that a virgin who is raped is to marry her rapist.  Remember the ten commandments? Have you ever read the other commandments given to Moses at the same time? Yet, if Jesus didn't say anything against it, then it's still in play, right? I mean, he said in Matt. 5 that all the commandments should be kept. Yet, many Christians just dismiss anything they don't like in the OT.  I mean, okay so we can just look at the NT. in  Matthew 6, it says that praying should be done in private,  yet many Christians want praying in public to be in the schools. Look through the entire Bible from a woman's point of view. It is DISCUSTING and very disturbing, even the NT. Don't tell me that this book teaches people how to be good, when it is furthering discrimination and has been the reason for crusades, burning of witches, discrimination of women and homosexuals,  some genocides and has never stood up against slavery. You know what, if you view homosexuality as a choice or a sin, then that furthers the hurt against them. Why? It enforces the idea of it being a choice, which reinforces repression which leads to a whole lot of problems for gay people. If something harms others, it's not teaching them to be good. My husband is one of them. He's gay. This idea has hurt him and me since we both came from a very conservative family. The whole religion is based on fear, fear of death. It's more important to "rescue" people from hell then to actually help them. Take a look at missionary and church work. Count how many things are being done that is OUTSIDE of the religion. No intention or motivation for actually rescuing people from hell. No, being good is not harming others and doing good things just because it is the right thing to do. THAT'S true goodness.

ting stephs5isenough:

You say that Christianity does not teach you how to be a good person.  That is not true.  Our instrusction book for how to be a good person is the BIBLE.

Quoting Angeldolphine:

Heh, that's why I hate what Christianity teaches. For one, it is clear that homosexuality is not a choice. If it is a sin, it is a choice. All people can do is repress it and that leads to overwhelming guilt, depression, self hate and even suicide in some cases. If you can't love yourself, how are you going to love others? There are so many people who have come out and then are able to love others, be free of the guilt and actually have a chance at happiness etc. That tells me right there that the Bible is wrong. Let's also look at sin. It's clear that different "sins" do more damage. They are not equal. It is clear that there are sins that hurt more people and do more harm. For example, it is far worse to kill someone then to lie to protect someone. I don't understand why having sex with a consenting partner is bad. It does no harm, yet that is what the church focuses on. Yet, not once in the bible does it EVER condemn slavery!!!!  If you remove the fear of death, or rather hell, Christianity fails. It has nothing to offer, because it does not teach how to be a good person. All sins are equal. It takes away from personal responsibility. How does accepting Jesus as your Savior and your Lord make you a good person? Remove religion and it is clear. Do not harm others.

Quoting stephs5isenough:

We all sin every day.  Christians have simply accepted the precious gift of life Jesus gave to us when He took our place by dieing on the cross and rising again in 3 days.  When we accept His gift, we do not suddenly become perfect.  We still struggle with sin and so sin daily.  Due to a desire to please God, we strive to sin less often. 

It is true that pre marital sex and a great multitude of many other things are sins along side of homosexuality.   Like everyone else, homosexuals still have the opportutnity to turn from their ways of living continuously in the lifestyle and accept God's gift of salvation.

The original question was about gay marriage and God did sanction marriage to be between one man and one woman.

Quoting CABZS:

People can believe in God no matter what.  What a ridiculous statement.

Premarital sex is a sin, guess I shouldn't believe in God bc I had sex before marriage.

Quoting Lena-Loo:

I'm not really sure if homosexuals can truly believe in God(s) because homosexuality is a sin in most religions.

Quoting CABZS:

It is not.  Marriage is not owned by religion or by one God.

If you go by this then those who don't believe in marriage wouldn't be allowed to marry.  If you go by this then tribes who don't believe in God don't have marriages.

And it is sanctioned by YOUR God, not everyone else believes in YOUR God.

Quoting stephs5isenough:

Marriage is an institutions sanctioned by God between one man and one woman.

Genesis 2:24

English Standard Version (ESV)

24 A)">Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

The Bible is in fact our instruction book whether you think so or not.  It is true that there are a lot of bad things that happened in the Bible.  Those people in the Bible were just people like us.  God is telling us some of there stories and how God worked in and throught their life.  If we allow God to do so, God  uses them to teach us.  God is a loving God.  That is why He gave us the Bible.  If we live our lives the way God tells us to, we will actuallyl be living in more freedom and greater happiness.

It is true that many Christians, like other people, don't live the way we are told to all the time.  We all still sin.  Becoming Christian did not make us perfect.   We just strive to live more the way God wants us to.  We do still mess up.  You also need to keep in mind that, just because someone claims to be Christian does not necessarily mean they are.

My mind will not be changed.  If God says it, that's the way it is.  God's laws do not change according to the times.  If you do not believe, that is between you an God.  My only job is to tell people about Him.

Click my tag to follow me to:

Living In the Arms of Jesus

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)