Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gay marriage

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Can you tell me why you are against it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Quoting ihave1:

I'm not. =) lol marry a dog for all I care, kwim.

No dog marriage. I say that because my mom knew a guy who uh TMI raped dogs, killed them, and then threw them in garbage cans. He was arrested and thrown in prison. 

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Quoting missingruth:

She created a post encouraging people to tell em why I'm going to hell. That's where all of these end up. A bunch of bible thumpers quoting verses and telling me why I'm wrong. I'm sorry I'm not ok with straight people constantly creating posts debating my lifestyle. If they minded their own marriages men wouldn't cheat so much and they would be happier.
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Quoting wulfeyes05:

Oh that is sick. I was actually trying to say in a funny way people should marry whom ever they wish. As long as they are human of course. Lol

elfling811
by Niki on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I am all for gay marriage. I think that if you live someone and want to spend the rest of your life with them building a family, you shouldn't be told you can't marry the person that you love.

Besides, what does it matter who someone else marries?!? The only marriage I am interested in is my own. It is not for me to say that a gay person can't get married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysonsmom99
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

No the poor dog, people are crazy :(

Quoting ihave1:

I'm not. =) lol marry a dog for all I care, kwim.

amber710
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not against it. I think it is wrong because I believe marriage to be a spiritual union as well as a legal one. I personally believe that marriage is intended to be between a man, a woman, and (if they are religious) God.

I don't have a problem with other people choosing to be with someone of the same gender...after all it isn't hurting anyone and it isn't my job to judge what is and is not sinful (that is God's job). I just won't call it marriage, because in my eyes that isn't by definition a marriage.

missingruth
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM

You're assuming that you know her motivation.   That and you don't like hearing the ignorance that so many spout when they have a dissenting opinion.  

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting missingruth:

She created a post encouraging people to tell em why I'm going to hell. That's where all of these end up. A bunch of bible thumpers quoting verses and telling me why I'm wrong. I'm sorry I'm not ok with straight people constantly creating posts debating my lifestyle. If they minded their own marriages men wouldn't cheat so much and they would be happier.

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:27 PM

So you don't want any straight people to show their support?  

Quoting wkukid:

Oh good another post where straight people who know nothing about gay people debate why I should be allowed to have rights!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Quoting missingruth:

Yes, no gay person should be allowed to marry because one religion is against it. One group of people think its wrong so it should be against the law. Makes total sense.
Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Im not for or against it. I really don't care. Why? Because it doesn't affect me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN