Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gay marriage

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Can you tell me why you are against it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Replies (61-70):
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:36 PM

It is not.  Marriage is not owned by religion or by one God.

If you go by this then those who don't believe in marriage wouldn't be allowed to marry.  If you go by this then tribes who don't believe in God don't have marriages.

And it is sanctioned by YOUR God, not everyone else believes in YOUR God.

Quoting stephs5isenough:

Marriage is an institutions sanctioned by God between one man and one woman.

Genesis 2:24

English Standard Version (ESV)

24 A)">Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
This was not a gay bash post! I want to know why people care about something that doesn't effect them. Do not assume you know my motives. And stop being so angry!

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting MamaJess9:

Posts are made constantly about this topic just to bash us. I don't appreciate it as I'm sure most of the other lesbian moms dont.

Lena-Loo
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM
I think it should be called a union not a marriage. Other than that I don't really care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Um many have been turned away bc the family didn't agree w/their life style.

Cant do that if married.

Quoting Anonymous:

who does that?? who has been turned away from there lovers death bed? if your partners family allows you to be there a piece of paper is not going to change that

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

Really, so if your husband was dying and only family was allowed in the room you wouldn't be allowed in naturally right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM
What if she is in an interracial relationship? What if she's a woman who fights to keep abortion legal? Obviously she doesn't know exactly how you feel about it. But I think it is ignorant to put her down for trying to get other people to see the error of their ways. I support gay marriage 100%. I understand that seeing\hearing debates about it can be annoying or piss you off. But you need to set aside your attitude for a second and see that she is genuinely on your side.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

You fuck off. If you aren't gay yourself, you have no idea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Why?  Nobody owns "marriage."

Marriages have been going on LONG before Christianity.

Quoting Lena-Loo:

I think it should be called a union not a marriage. Other than that I don't really care.

Angeldolphine
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Of course it was. I was showing you why that statement is incorrect. I think it's funny you are attacking OP when it's obvious she's on the side of gay marriage...

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Angeldolphine:

That was meant for the OP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM

That would be 

*you're 

*an 

and a comma after "wait" 

Or, of course, one could manage to express oneself without calling others names ... 

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

Your straight and a asshole? Oh wait that's normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM
well really if the dying person has like a living will or something that says the so has to our can be there... then they have to honor that, marriage isn't necessary.

if the dying persons family isn't accepting then maybe they should be the ones not there

Quoting CABZS:

Um many have been turned away bc the family didn't agree w/their life style.

Cant do that if married.

Quoting Anonymous:

who does that?? who has been turned away from there lovers death bed? if your partners family allows you to be there a piece of paper is not going to change that

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

Really, so if your husband was dying and only family was allowed in the room you wouldn't be allowed in naturally right?

TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM
You do see the problem she now would need her partners families permission to be there for her partner.. While you wouldn't need your husbands families permission. And not all inlaws get along and not all families are accepting of same sex relationships.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN