Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gay marriage

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Can you tell me why you are against it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

You're expecting comprehension from the wrong person.   Seriously.  

Quoting Angeldolphine:

Of course it was. I was showing you why that statement is incorrect. I think it's funny you are attacking OP when it's obvious she's on the side of gay marriage...

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Angeldolphine:

That was meant for the OP.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I have to carry my marriage license with me to prove I'm actually family. You wouldn't have to because you are a straight couple. It's part of the law. I would be denied without my marriage license or a legal document stating I'm allowed in.
Lena-Loo
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I'm not really sure if homosexuals can truly believe in God(s) because homosexuality is a sin in most religions.

Quoting CABZS:

It is not.  Marriage is not owned by religion or by one God.

If you go by this then those who don't believe in marriage wouldn't be allowed to marry.  If you go by this then tribes who don't believe in God don't have marriages.

And it is sanctioned by YOUR God, not everyone else believes in YOUR God.

Quoting stephs5isenough:

Marriage is an institutions sanctioned by God between one man and one woman.

Genesis 2:24

English Standard Version (ESV)

24 A)">Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Oh good another asshole.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM
not if the dying person had a living will or something to that effect. marriage is not necessary to Get around the legalities of it

Quoting TSNDDY:

You do see the problem she now would need her partners families permission to be there for her partner.. While you wouldn't need your husbands families permission. And not all inlaws get along and not all families are accepting of same sex relationships.

Quoting Anonymous:

who does that?? who has been turned away from there lovers death bed? if your partners family allows you to be there a piece of paper is not going to change that

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

Really, so if your husband was dying and only family was allowed in the room you wouldn't be allowed in naturally right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM

She often makes those kinds of assumptions.  

Quoting missingruth:

You're assuming that you know her motivation.   That and you don't like hearing the ignorance that so many spout when they have a dissenting opinion.  

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting missingruth:

She created a post encouraging people to tell em why I'm going to hell. That's where all of these end up. A bunch of bible thumpers quoting verses and telling me why I'm wrong. I'm sorry I'm not ok with straight people constantly creating posts debating my lifestyle. If they minded their own marriages men wouldn't cheat so much and they would be happier.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

This post is about people who are against it. My statement stands.

Calm down. You're making yourself out to be a defensive idiot. 

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Quoting Angeldolphine:

No it wasn't incorrect. These posts lead to all kinds of horrible things being said about gay people. Straight people don't care, they aren't the ones being attacked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM
The only reason I brought this up is because in Maine where I live it's a big deal right now. I have many lesbian friends who are "engaged" and would love to be married. I told my fiancé I wouldn't get married until they can. One of my future bridesmaids is a lesbian. I have nothing against lesbians I am on your side seriously!

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting MamaJess9:

This post was for people that don't support it.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Said the anon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN