Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

might be a messed up question **eta

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So I have a 4 y/o DD and one on the way. I'm a planned c section so I told Dh that god forbid something happen to me during my c section I want to do a power of attorney paper so he makes any and all decisions. I mean I know its a routine c section but stuff happens you don't plan for... so I was telling my cousin this and she said what if something happens and a decision needs to be made whether to save you or the baby (only one of us can survive this hypothetical) so ladies which would you want. Save you or the baby?

*eta since everyone is saying baby I wanted to ask (I swear not judging just interested) knowing that you have other children that are still young do you feel uncomfortable at all knowing you're leaving that child/Ren motherless?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
Mena929
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM
I have other children that need me around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaof3and1tobe
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I can't see how some of you could leave your living babies motherless :( I know no one wants to have an angel baby but its just sad that so many are willing to leave their other children behind like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thibmom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I'm pregnant with number 2 now and had this convo with DF not long ago. I am hoping for another vaginal birth. However, I told him that if I have to have a section, and of something goes wrong and he has to choose the baby or me, I want him to choose me. Sure, that sounds selfish, but I have a daughter here that needs her mother...me. I need to be here for her. I hope I never have to make that decision though. And I hope he doesn't have to either. It's heartbreaking just to think about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brightonsmom12
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I know I am probably going to be ripped to shreds. But honestly with our situation we would need to save my. I would be heart broken and be depressed for a long time, but my ds is only nine months old. And like I said our circumstances are a little different. Now if it had been with my ds that this happened I don't know what we would do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Me. I have another Dd to take care of and a dh and I'd hate to leave them alone for a child nobody has met yet. Sounds harsh and I'll prob get bashed but my Dd would grow up without a mother but we could try again for another baby.
jadsmummy
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM
To answer your edit. No I don't feel bad. if I died they would know I died for them and I know without a doubt that they would never lack for maternal love from my mother my mother in law and my 7 sisters in law.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkik526
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Thats hard but it has to be me first....i have two young children who need me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GremlinMom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a hard topic :( God didn't give me the choice, twice. I had 2 miscarriages, its hard losing a baby, whether you got to see their face and hold them or not. The only cure for me was having a baby. But now I have 3 baby boys that need a mother and a husband that is in love with me and depends on my companionship...how can I choose to break their hearts when...well its in Gods hands anyway. I'm Mormon and I believe that some spirits only come long enough to recive a body, they are the most righteous of spirits and they have no need to go through the earthly test. All I could do is pray for strength and understanding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I'd save me if I had other children to worry about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I know it's going to sound selfish, but I would want them to save me.  I realize that the baby's life is important, but we have to think of the ramifications.  If we save the baby, we have a mourning father left to be the sole caretaker to a newborn and a child having to deal with the loss of their mother. 

I think it would be better for all involved if it were a united family mourning the loss of the baby.  Call me a bitch but it is what it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN