Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are your thoughts on the Chula Vista Marines?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Thoughts?

Options:

You crazy b*tch how dare you!?

Yea, I can see what you mean.

Neutral

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

I live about a block from a fairly major military base, and I'm just as scared, when walking at night, of the boys from base, as I am of the other thuggy little hoods that runaround here.  I understand that they've been through the Hell of war, but does that mean they shouldn't be held accountable?

A 25-year-old man named Zac Zander and his family say he was beaten within an inch of his life by a group of men who are allegedly Marines.

I'm sorry in advance to all the family members of our fighting men if this offends. I'm just speaking from personal experience, and asking opinions on the story.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyDIN
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the WW2 vets behaved better than this.
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Wtf. No they need to be held accountable for it. I will be there next Saturday. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Miller11
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is a Marine and whenever I see These types o reports, I am very disappointed. Of course I would be disappointed and sad even if they weren't service members, I guess it just hits a little closer to home.

Their service to this country does not make them above the law and of course hey should be held accountable. If anything, I feel like their punishment should be more severe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I lived on Camp Pendleton for 4 years, just moved last November, and while there ARE some bat shit  crazy Marines that do stupid things, there are good ones too. Just like anywhere else. I always felt more comfortable on base than off though.

GreenAndLean
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Oh god, I grew up in Oceanside, just stear clear of the marine bars and you'll be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I wonder how many of them have actually been to war.

mrsbrimer
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I live in chula vista!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyDIN
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Maybe it just gets more play in the papers (yea, I'm old school like that for the funnies), but I see alot of local guys off base, shooting people, abusing family members, fighting... Does this happen every where, or is our base just ghetto?

LadyDIN
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Quoting mrsbrimer:

I live in chula vista!!

Yea, what do you think of all this?

mrsbrimer
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:19 PM
To be honest. I have hung out with a LOT if marines and navy guys in my day, growing up here it's just common. Ive dated couple too, and well this doesn't surprise me. A majority of them are assholes and cheaters. From what I've seen.

Quoting LadyDIN:

Quoting mrsbrimer:

I live in chula vista!!

Yea, what do you think of all this?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)