Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are your thoughts on the Chula Vista Marines?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Thoughts?

Options:

You crazy b*tch how dare you!?

Yea, I can see what you mean.

Neutral

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

I live about a block from a fairly major military base, and I'm just as scared, when walking at night, of the boys from base, as I am of the other thuggy little hoods that runaround here.  I understand that they've been through the Hell of war, but does that mean they shouldn't be held accountable?

A 25-year-old man named Zac Zander and his family say he was beaten within an inch of his life by a group of men who are allegedly Marines.

I'm sorry in advance to all the family members of our fighting men if this offends. I'm just speaking from personal experience, and asking opinions on the story.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Replies (11-17):
tanya_marieh
by The one and only on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I haven't even heard of this and I only live about 15 min away from that base.  That being said there are many people who impersonate/say they are a marine or in the navy. 

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

LadyDIN
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Quoting mrsbrimer:

To be honest. I have hung out with a LOT if marines and navy guys in my day, growing up here it's just common. Ive dated couple too, and well this doesn't surprise me. A majority of them are assholes and cheaters. From what I've seen.

Quoting LadyDIN:

Quoting mrsbrimer:

I live in chula vista!!

Yea, what do you think of all this?

I wonder why. Is that the personality type that is drawn to service now, or does something about the environment change them?

LadyDIN
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM

That's terrible! Why would they do that? And then to do things like this...

Quoting tanya_marieh:

I haven't even heard of this and I only live about 15 min away from that base.  That being said there are many people who impersonate/say they are a marine or in the navy. 

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:32 PM
This is in my neck of the woods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by The one and only on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Some want the recognition and some want to blame it on the military so that the authorities will be looking there instead of for them.  That being said there are military members that are not that great of people also so it all depends.  I guess I will have to watch the news tonight to hear about this.  We live in spring valley.

Quoting LadyDIN:

That's terrible! Why would they do that? And then to do things like this...

Quoting tanya_marieh:

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

mrsbrimer
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I'm not sure. But 80% of them are like that. The guys involved in beating Zac SHOULD be dishonorably discharged and serve time.in jail. Zac was standing up for some women that were getting hassled by the marines.

Quoting LadyDIN:

Quoting mrsbrimer:

To be honest. I have hung out with a LOT if marines and navy guys in my day, growing up here it's just common. Ive dated couple too, and well this doesn't surprise me. A majority of them are assholes and cheaters. From what I've seen.

Quoting LadyDIN:

Quoting mrsbrimer:

I live in chula vista!!

Yea, what do you think of all this?

I wonder why. Is that the personality type that is drawn to service now, or does something about the environment change them?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM
This.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

My husband is a Marine and whenever I see These types o reports, I am very disappointed. Of course I would be disappointed and sad even if they weren't service members, I guess it just hits a little closer to home.

Their service to this country does not make them above the law and of course hey should be held accountable. If anything, I feel like their punishment should be more severe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN