Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is so hard to understand about washing poopy cloth diapers?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you do when your potty training child poops in their underwear? Some probably throw them away, but I bet most people toss the poop in the toilet and wash the underwear. What the HELL is the difference?!?!

Or vomit on clothes??? You rinse what you can off and then toss it in the washer.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM
I just run a rinse cycle with bleach after washing soiled clothes. Problem solved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Ummm when you live in an apartment that doesn't have a washer and drier you can't just throw them in the washer. I threw many panties away when DD was potty training because we did laundry once a week and I wasn't about to have shitty undies sitting around.

Quoting PEEK05:

What do you do when your potty training child poops in their underwear? Some probably throw them away, but I bet most people toss the poop in the toilet and wash the underwear. What the HELL is the difference?!?!

Or vomit on clothes??? You rinse what you can off and then toss it in the washer.

ProudArmySister
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Maybe I'm not reading this right so don't be offended....but are you saying your 8 year old isn't potty trained?

Quoting Anonymous:

Dunno. I cloth diaper my 8 yr old. Those poops are loads of fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM
That's exactly what I'm saying. Do you need me to spell out why? He's severely disabled. I don't get why this isn't common sense.

Quoting ProudArmySister:

Maybe I'm not reading this right so don't be offended....but are you saying your 8 year old isn't potty trained?

Quoting Anonymous:

ProudArmySister
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
You left that part out. I don't know who you are so how am I supposed to know that your child is disabled? I said don't get offended...and you did.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's exactly what I'm saying. Do you need me to spell out why? He's severely disabled. I don't get why this isn't common sense.

Quoting ProudArmySister:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AntzMom24
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM
I agree 100%. You rinse or flush what you can, then wash them like you would your clothes. Just all dipes in one load. I LOVE my cloth diapers. I switched when I found those gel beads all over my son waking up one morning. Not cool. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Why? That's ridiculous and lazy! If I did that, I would have no sheets or blankets on my toddlers bed. When a child that's to young to understand vomit in the toilet or bucket, barfs in their bed 4 times in one night. Yeah, there's no way I would toss 4 sets of sheets and blankets just because of vomit.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i have ALWAYS thrown away poopy clothes and clothes or items that were vomited on... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:49 AM
I am not offended. I left that part because I shouldn't have to explain why. I always inevitably do have a few people who can't put two and two together though. No typical child would ever be in diapers at 8 no matter how lazy their parent may be. Think about it.

Quoting ProudArmySister:

You left that part out. I don't know who you are so how am I supposed to know that your child is disabled? I said don't get offended...and you did.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ProudArmySister:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM
The rest of us figured that her child was most likely special needs. Apparently you didn't.

Quoting ProudArmySister:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ProudArmySister:

Quoting Anonymous:

ProudArmySister
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM
You never know around here lol that's why I asked. I didn't mean to start anything...just curious. I apologize.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not offended. I left that part because I shouldn't have to explain why. I always inevitably do have a few people who can't put two and two together though. No typical child would ever be in diapers at 8 no matter how lazy their parent may be. Think about it.

Quoting ProudArmySister:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ProudArmySister:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)