Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is so hard to understand about washing poopy cloth diapers?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you do when your potty training child poops in their underwear? Some probably throw them away, but I bet most people toss the poop in the toilet and wash the underwear. What the HELL is the difference?!?!

Or vomit on clothes??? You rinse what you can off and then toss it in the washer.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Replies (51-60):
pinkcookie019
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

There have been a few times he's had an accident that was so gross, I just looked at the underwear and had an "aw hell naw" moment and tossed them in the trash. For the most part though, I just dump it, rinse them and wash them.

DSC_0460asdf

PEEK05
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM

My kids stay home with me, but when I worked in child care, we had a center that allowed cloth diapers.  We were not allowed to wash them.  Parents had bring bags to store dirty/wet diapers in for parents to deal with at home themselves.  If they forgot bags, they would be informed that their child would be using disposables for the day that they must replace.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do cloth diaper moms do if their kid goes to daycare?

mysticmom90
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What do cloth diaper moms do if their kid goes to daycare?

Bring them their diapers and a special plastic lined washable laundry bag for them to place them in.

tansyflower
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM
My mom HATED cloth diapers...she had to wash them in the sink (no washer) and used those aweful rubber pants. She finally switched to sposies because of rashes...and 30 years ago sposies sucked compared to nowadays.

She loves the covers I make, and I still use old school pins and prefolds lol ;-)

Quoting PEEK05:

My mom thought cloth diapers sucked too until she saw and handled them herself with my son.  She said that she would have changed her mind and cloth diapered if she had available what we do now.  I guess they were pretty bad??? I was born in 88 so I don't know what they looked like or what they were made of or how they were handled back then.

Quoting batmansgirl:

You know I probably did, I bet their much better now re: fabric.

Quoting PEEK05:

LOL okay then.  You had some sucky diapers.

Quoting batmansgirl:

Yes I know how to wash clothes correctly, probably been doing that longer than you've been breathing. In other words I'm over the hill. Disposables are the way to go.

Quoting PEEK05:

I've been cloth diapering for a while.  My diapers come out bright white! The colors on the outside stay just as vibrant too.  Maybe you were not washing them correctly.

Quoting batmansgirl:

Huh their gross?? Not to mention highly unsanitary. It smells, stains won't come out. I've used cloth diapers and disposable is the only way to go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rissamom224
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM
What if your like me and don't have a washer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I go back and forth between cloth and regular diapers for baby #2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I don't blame you.  This post was specifically targeted to those who use this argument in cloth diaper posts.

I cloth diapered my son to 3 months, then stopped because we didn't have a washer/dryer.  As soon as we moved, I resumed cloth diapering him at 10 months. 

Using a laundromat was too much work and services are too expensive.

Quoting rissamom224:

What if your like me and don't have a washer.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Why make more laundry than necessary is how i see it
My kids hardly had any accidents in their underwear, pull ups i could throw out.
And they hardly threw up to make such messes that i needed to wash an extra load

I feel sorry if you have a butt load of diapers to wash and your machine breaks down. Or unless you are still using wash boards too

What difference does it make to you if people want to use throw away pampers? Are you buying them? No
Do what you want, its your choice. It doesnt mean its feasible for everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Yeah when I CD I HATED when people said that. WHO CARES? It's friggin poop that goes into the toilet. Jeez.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:47 PM
It's not hard to understand lol some just choose not to do it. You can't really compare washing a few poopy pairs of underwear to washing thousands of cloth diapers. My son never pooped his pants, but the few times I had to empty his poop from his training potty into the toilet, I gagged. I couldn't do that every day and I have that option not to.
It just doesn't work for everyone :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)