Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is so hard to understand about washing poopy cloth diapers?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you do when your potty training child poops in their underwear? Some probably throw them away, but I bet most people toss the poop in the toilet and wash the underwear. What the HELL is the difference?!?!

Or vomit on clothes??? You rinse what you can off and then toss it in the washer.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I've thought about CD, but the ones I see look bulky. Would you able to fit a pair of shorts, pants, or leggings over them? They have some cute patterns, but I'd prefer to not have my dds diaper showing in her outfits. Also, my dd poops a lot, I feel like I'd be washing diapers all day if we were to CD.
PEEK05
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Yes, it depends on the diapers you buy.  I have really trim diapers from bumGenius.  They are not bulky at all.  In fact, he is almost 17 months and he and his diapers still fit in 9-12 month clothes lol.  There are other brands and types of diapers that ARE bulky, so if you were to ever buy cloth diapers, ask if they are trim first. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I've thought about CD, but the ones I see look bulky. Would you able to fit a pair of shorts, pants, or leggings over them? They have some cute patterns, but I'd prefer to not have my dds diaper showing in her outfits. Also, my dd poops a lot, I feel like I'd be washing diapers all day if we were to CD.

NeverABreak
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM

It depends on how bad the underwear is... We don't have a washer and dryer and have to wait until the weekend to go to the laundromat. If it's just a little accident in his underwear, I do my best to rinse it and spray it down with Shout and save it for laundry day. If it's absolutely loaded with poop it goes straight to the dumpster.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to make that arguement then I sat and thought about it when I put my DDs poopy bathing suit in the washer. I was like "wait...." lol. 

bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Random but my two youngest girls are 19 months apart. :)

Quoting atmsmom2011:

Lol I know she'll be 19 months when her baby sis is born to lol.

Quoting kathislove80:

Lol...you're in for a long road ahead.

Quoting atmsmom2011:

We haven't made it to the poop yet but she had reflux and if just went in washer alone

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:04 PM
bumGenius? I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info. :)
Quoting PEEK05:

atmsmom2011
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Im excited. I will be 23 weeks Thursday and already want to put baby stuff together. I am trying to refrain bc of my rotten 15 month old lol sigh.

Quoting bcoll:

Quoting atmsmom2011:

Quoting kathislove80:

Quoting atmsmom2011:

We haven't made it to the poop yet but she had reflux and if just went in washer alone

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM

usually when they a re tiny babies they poop soft and its all over the diaper. When they get potty traiend they poop different.

bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Good luck :) Lots of fun, i promise.

Quoting atmsmom2011:

Im excited. I will be 23 weeks Thursday and already want to put baby stuff together. I am trying to refrain bc of my rotten 15 month old lol sigh.

Quoting bcoll:

Quoting atmsmom2011:

Quoting kathislove80:

Quoting atmsmom2011:

702girly
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I throw away anything with poop on it. I also didn't use cloth diapers.

I don't see why that's so hard to understand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured