Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is so hard to understand about washing poopy cloth diapers?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you do when your potty training child poops in their underwear? Some probably throw them away, but I bet most people toss the poop in the toilet and wash the underwear. What the HELL is the difference?!?!

Or vomit on clothes??? You rinse what you can off and then toss it in the washer.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Replies (81-90):
batmansgirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:33 PM

well bully for you

Quoting flcowgrl23:

Every one of my diapers come out white. I just did a load today, and my son has a nasty little butt. They never stink, never stain, and I use not just fleece pockets but flour sacks as liners. The flour sacks aren't even diapers and come out sparkly white.

Quoting batmansgirl:

Yes I know how to wash clothes correctly, probably been doing that longer than you've been breathing. In other words I'm over the hill. Disposables are the way to go.

Quoting PEEK05:

I've been cloth diapering for a while.  My diapers come out bright white! The colors on the outside stay just as vibrant too.  Maybe you were not washing them correctly.

Quoting batmansgirl:

Huh their gross?? Not to mention highly unsanitary. It smells, stains won't come out. I've used cloth diapers and disposable is the only way to go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:33 PM
That's disgusting. My kid doesn't crap in his underwear, if he did he'd still be wearing pull ups
luvmymunchkins3
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM
i have never had my kids poop in their underwear even potty training if they did i would throw it away and buy more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Rude.

Quoting batmansgirl:

well bully for you

Quoting flcowgrl23:

Every one of my diapers come out white. I just did a load today, and my son has a nasty little butt. They never stink, never stain, and I use not just fleece pockets but flour sacks as liners. The flour sacks aren't even diapers and come out sparkly white.

Quoting batmansgirl:

Yes I know how to wash clothes correctly, probably been doing that longer than you've been breathing. In other words I'm over the hill. Disposables are the way to go.

Quoting PEEK05:

I've been cloth diapering for a while.  My diapers come out bright white! The colors on the outside stay just as vibrant too.  Maybe you were not washing them correctly.

Quoting batmansgirl:

Huh their gross?? Not to mention highly unsanitary. It smells, stains won't come out. I've used cloth diapers and disposable is the only way to go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:38 PM
I have thrown undies away too. I can't think of how gross it would be if poop residue got on the other clothes or towels or dish cloths. Ugh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i have ALWAYS thrown away poopy clothes and clothes or items that were vomited on... 

What a waste! Unless you don't have immediate access to a washer or they are stained/smelly beyond repair I don't understand this. We are all so wasteful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batmansgirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Not really, just that cloth diapers do stain but it seems like everyone on here has magical laundry soap to get sparkly, white, shiny diapers. Are the flour sacks soft?

Quoting flc whiowgrl23:

Rude.

Quoting batmansgirl:

well bully for you

Quoting flcowgrl23:

Quoting batmansgirl:

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting batmansgirl:

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:40 PM
I wish I would have CD. :/

But, we did skip pull ups during potty training. Those are a waste, IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Every time you fart you expel fecal matter.  And man, I've been gassy lately... Time to put some 'sposies on my fat ass.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Funny thing is, even those who say they throw soiled clothes away are wrong - that is, unless they really throw underwear away after one use. Doesn't matter how well you wipe, a used pair of underwear has about a gram of fecal matter on it. The fact that you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Same here, nasty brown doo-doo stains on those Diapers from 5 mths ago. Gross.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

i have never had my kids poop in their underwear even potty training if they did i would throw it away and buy more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Me too and packs of underwear are cheap.

Quoting klespeedy0205:

I have thrown undies away too. I can't think of how gross it would be if poop residue got on the other clothes or towels or dish cloths. Ugh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

i have ALWAYS thrown away poopy clothes and clothes or items that were vomited on... 

What a waste! Unless you don't have immediate access to a washer or they are stained/smelly beyond repair I don't understand this. We are all so wasteful!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured