Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update to my post "I want to die"

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well I started counseling on Monday. Received a few diagnosis that I knew were probably going to be. I am still feeling suicidal but at least now my husband and therapist know. I signed an emergency intervention plan that promises I will call 911 if I feel I am about to do something and so will my husband. My diagnosis are Bipolar, PTSD, Anxiety and mild agoraphobia. You gals are the 1st people I have told my diagnosis to. I have been pondering on them for the week and just feel the need ot reach out right now. After my next session she will have me see the Psychiatrist to be placed on some meds to help alleviate the symptoms and I am going to be in intense therapy. She said my agoraphobia is the most she is worried about since I never leave my house and avoid public places like the plague. I had to force myself just to go to therapy. My anxiety has been giving me heart palpitations daily and I am scared of leaving my home most days. I guess I just posted this to get it out, not for anything really, just to get it out there. Thanks for letting me just do that.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I have a couple of those, I can't have meds though.
Lovemyboys1212
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Hope you feel better soon! Sorry you have to go through that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:05 PM

(((HUGS)))

Once you see the Psychiatrist and they start you on Meds....it may take a few weeks BUT you will feel so much better. The talk therapy should alleviate some of  your anxiety. Make sure you tell DH If  you start to feeling overwhelmed......

babycarney08
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Good luck sweetie. (((((Hugs))))))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Good for you! I'm glad you are getting yourself help. Keep at it and put your best efforts into the therapy. I pray that you find a way to live a happy and fulfilling life. Congrats on taking the first step :)

she_walk_softly
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Glad you are working on it.The world belongs to you just as much as the next guy.Enjoy it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I am so proud of you for seeking the help you need. Big hugs.

foreveryoung921
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I truly admire you. I think you are very brave and wise. You will get through this! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I can relate mildly as there are times that I really do not want to leave the security of my home. I went through some really earth-shattering events, and it left me with some mild PTSD and the feeling that as long as I was home I'd be okay. Hang in there, go to therapy, and get the meds started. It does get better with help. (((((Hugs!)))))
Robe739IsBack
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:29 PM
(Big teddy bear sized hugs!)

Honestly, as much as I hate to admit it, I've had suicidal thoughts on & off through the past few months.... The ONE & ONLY thing that stops me from even considering it is knwing the true devastation that comes from losing your mother. I wouldn't wish that level of pain on my worst enemy, let alone my own kids.

Stay strong, mama! I'm always just a PM away! <3 I'm here if you need me! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN