Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update to my post "I want to die"

Posted by   + Show Post

Well I started counseling on Monday. Received a few diagnosis that I knew were probably going to be. I am still feeling suicidal but at least now my husband and therapist know. I signed an emergency intervention plan that promises I will call 911 if I feel I am about to do something and so will my husband. My diagnosis are Bipolar, PTSD, Anxiety and mild agoraphobia. You gals are the 1st people I have told my diagnosis to. I have been pondering on them for the week and just feel the need ot reach out right now. After my next session she will have me see the Psychiatrist to be placed on some meds to help alleviate the symptoms and I am going to be in intense therapy. She said my agoraphobia is the most she is worried about since I never leave my house and avoid public places like the plague. I had to force myself just to go to therapy. My anxiety has been giving me heart palpitations daily and I am scared of leaving my home most days. I guess I just posted this to get it out, not for anything really, just to get it out there. Thanks for letting me just do that.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (11-19):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by Kimmie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Thank you all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Good luck to you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosie211
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Admitting you have an issue is the first step in any recovery. I am very glad that you reached out for help and please continue to do so. I do want to ask you to be careful what kind of meds they put you on for the bipolar. I used to be on depakote and hated it, so make sure they give you what works for you. Good luck in your journey & prayers going up for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM

hugs 

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM

BUMP!

daisyb
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Good for You- i am happy that you took that first step to see a Counselor- that is the hardest part- i know how hard it is to deal with Depression & Anxiety so, i am sure your feeling like you have got hit with a double whammy! i hope you continue to go to counseling- they can help you work through your issues- i was in counseling for a long time- 11 Years with the same one! wishing you lots of luck & hope you are feeling better soon:)

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Today is not a good day:(

merryvoice
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:20 AM
I used to be exactly like you. I am bipolar, and used to have PTSD, social anxiety, and like you, slight agoraphobia. Through counseling and medications, I'm a lot better now. I can't even remember the last time I had a panic attack. I wish you the best of luck. Just keep doing what you're doing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)