Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are fat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

Do you let it hold you back from what you want to do?

Like, I used to be really skinny and over the years and different meds and birth control I gained a lot of weight. Im now 280 lbs! I hate me.  I used to love to go walk because guys would honk at me. I wont go see any of my old friends from high school because I dont want them to see me. I wont go meet new people because I dont want them to see how ugly and disgusting I look. I hate going out in public because people will see me. I hate going to the grocery store to buy food because I dont want people seeing me with any type of food. I LOVE amusement parks, but wont go because Im afraid I wont fit in the ride.

I've tried losing weight and once I lost 40 pounds in a month, but I made myself so miserable doing it. I didn't eat more then 300 calories a day and I exercised all day. Last night I bought an xbox kinect and got the zumba. I did it twice today 20 mins each time. I'm not going to make myself miserable doing it this time. I'm not going to count calories, but I'm not going to eat junk either. I think I can stick with the zumba because its fun and I enjoyed doing it.

I'm just so miserable living my life. I want to be thin, I want to feel pretty. I am so lonely because I won't let myself find friends all because of the way I look. I have to change that or I will never be happy. I will live my life in misery. 

So do you let your weight hold you back? Am I the only one? I think there is something wrong with me, but I can't fix it. I hope I can lose weight and I hope it fixes me.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marinenonstop
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Hold me back? No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjxo1988
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I do let my weight hold me back to a certain extent, but something you have to realize is that there are people who are going to love you for you no matter how much you weigh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM
bump
MissLeanna
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM
My birth control made me gain 20 pounds. I'm not happy with the way I look.

And yea, it holds me back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
No...why should it? My husband loves me...my kid loves me...my students love me...I am awesome lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:16 AM

You CAN do this!  And no, I do not let my weight stop me from living life!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:16 AM
I didn't let it hold me back when I was, but I couldn't hold up to do a lot of things I can now, and for as long as I can now.
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I hate myself enough to hide from life.

I find out tomorrow if I have to have emergency surgery/repair of my stomach from lapband complications. If they do, they are cutting out 80-90% of my stomach. Surgical anorexia.

Sigh. Its sad I have to resort to that now. :(

I miss being hot.

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been on a weightloss journey i was 232 at my heaviest im now 160 still have more to lose but im getting there. Do it healthy or it wont work. If you need someone to talk to pm me :)
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM
I'm 240lbs and still have guys honk the horn at me. I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl, but it's all about the confidence you project.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN