Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obama has my vote just on this alone:

No, you can’t deny women their basic rights and pretend it’s about your ‘religious freedom.’ If you don’t like birth control, don’t use it. Religious freedom doesn’t mean you can force others to live by your own beliefs.

- President Barack Obama

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Replies (401-410):
heythereelizah
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:57 AM
The issue was a bill that had other issues wrapped up in it. Other issues that needed to be passed. It is easier to pass a bill and remove parts than vice versa.
I don't know anywhere you can go and get an abortion after 12 weeks. That is why they make you have an ultrasound done. There has to be a legitimate medical reason. And if a doctor is caught lying about a medical reason they will lose their license.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I remember hearing something about when he was a senator for that short time there was an issue about on partial birth abortion.  I will have to google it.  I know abortion is legal up to the end. 

Quoting heythereelizah:

He doesn't though. I don't know where people hear that from. He does not agree with it being used as a form of birth control, but will not impose that belief on others. He also believes that there needs to be a cut off (12 weeks) unless there are special circumstances (life threatening, birth defects, etc). I've researched all his policies. I've done extensive fact checking on his platform and voting history as a senator. Not once have I come across a legitimate source about him wanting babies aborted at 9 months. No one WANTS that.

We had decided if we found out our baby had a serious birth defect we would have terminated. We weren't going to tell people that was what we chose though, just that the baby had passed.

For me I have no regrets on my abortion. At 15 I wasn't ready to handle any of that emotionally and I can not fathom carrying it to term. It wasn't a difficult decision. To this day no one in my life even knows it happened because it didn't effect me at all. I paid for it myself and after I moved on.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a few of those same situations in my life as well.  I'm sorry about your rape but if I was raped I wouldn't abort.  That's just my choice as abortion at that time was your option.  As against abortion as I am you will never find me blocking an entrance to an abortion mill or even trying to change anyone's mind who is set on getting one.  I really don't know what I would do though if I found out the baby I am carrying is going to have serious birth defects.  I had four children and with each one I was terrified they weren't going to be normal but I didn't have any optional tests.  I just hoped they would be normal when they came out. 

I'm sorry about my abortion comment.  That was out of place and not for me to judge.  Obama thinks babies should be aborted up until the ninth month if the mother doesn't want it.  And I know those late term abortions are routinely done a lot.

Quoting heythereelizah:

If you must know I have one. I was raped at 15 and had an abortion as a result. I planned on having another one when my birth control failed at 19 but I was already 3 months along. While I love my daughter I was not ready for a baby. I was in an abusive relationship and she suffered for it. She will also never know her father more than likely.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ewwww.  I hate that man.  It's pretty ignorant to vote on only one issue. 

I wonder many abortions do you have under your belt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Here you go.  In his own words, his stance on late term abortion.....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-in-2003-i-am-pro-choice-in-all-situations-including-late-term-abortions/

Have a nice day. 

Quoting heythereelizah:

The issue was a bill that had other issues wrapped up in it. Other issues that needed to be passed. It is easier to pass a bill and remove parts than vice versa.
I don't know anywhere you can go and get an abortion after 12 weeks. That is why they make you have an ultrasound done. There has to be a legitimate medical reason. And if a doctor is caught lying about a medical reason they will lose their license.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I remember hearing something about when he was a senator for that short time there was an issue about on partial birth abortion.  I will have to google it.  I know abortion is legal up to the end. 

Quoting heythereelizah:

He doesn't though. I don't know where people hear that from. He does not agree with it being used as a form of birth control, but will not impose that belief on others. He also believes that there needs to be a cut off (12 weeks) unless there are special circumstances (life threatening, birth defects, etc). I've researched all his policies. I've done extensive fact checking on his platform and voting history as a senator. Not once have I come across a legitimate source about him wanting babies aborted at 9 months. No one WANTS that.

We had decided if we found out our baby had a serious birth defect we would have terminated. We weren't going to tell people that was what we chose though, just that the baby had passed.

For me I have no regrets on my abortion. At 15 I wasn't ready to handle any of that emotionally and I can not fathom carrying it to term. It wasn't a difficult decision. To this day no one in my life even knows it happened because it didn't effect me at all. I paid for it myself and after I moved on.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a few of those same situations in my life as well.  I'm sorry about your rape but if I was raped I wouldn't abort.  That's just my choice as abortion at that time was your option.  As against abortion as I am you will never find me blocking an entrance to an abortion mill or even trying to change anyone's mind who is set on getting one.  I really don't know what I would do though if I found out the baby I am carrying is going to have serious birth defects.  I had four children and with each one I was terrified they weren't going to be normal but I didn't have any optional tests.  I just hoped they would be normal when they came out. 

I'm sorry about my abortion comment.  That was out of place and not for me to judge.  Obama thinks babies should be aborted up until the ninth month if the mother doesn't want it.  And I know those late term abortions are routinely done a lot.

Quoting heythereelizah:

If you must know I have one. I was raped at 15 and had an abortion as a result. I planned on having another one when my birth control failed at 19 but I was already 3 months along. While I love my daughter I was not ready for a baby. I was in an abusive relationship and she suffered for it. She will also never know her father more than likely.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ewwww.  I hate that man.  It's pretty ignorant to vote on only one issue. 

I wonder many abortions do you have under your belt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:04 AM
2 moms liked this

And I base my vote against Obama becuase he is the MOST pro-choice president we've ever had, he's Planned Parenthood's posterboy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:49 AM
You, my friend, are the dumbest piece of crap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I find it so extremely sad that CM moms are voting "for" Obama based on PBS funding cuts and abortion stances. How sad that a group of women are so short-sighted. And dare I say it.... Idiotic! (gasp) There are real issues at stake.... Vote on those!!
Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:36 AM

but that is the problem. there are some women out there who just are not CAPABLE of giving a baby love, but also not smart enough to consider adoption. there are people out there that are too "proud" to give a baby up for a adoption to a better home, but than have the baby live in total filth, neglect it, beat it, let it get hurt or grow up angry and bitter and maybe the whole viscious cycle repeats itself. 

Quoting angusb3ar:

Life was made to be spontaneous not think of how to prepare in every way possible. You will make it either way. All a baby really needs is love.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Yeah, but don't continue to make babies you can't afford.

VOTE FOR PEDRO.

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

alwayskk
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:37 AM

BULLSHIT!

Quoting angusb3ar:

Life was made to be spontaneous not think of how to prepare in every way possible. You will make it either way. All a baby really needs is love.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Yeah, but don't continue to make babies you can't afford.

VOTE FOR PEDRO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Yeah, that's the solution.  How about people taking responsibility for who they have sex with.  No, not in this country.  We'd rather take the backwards approach and help the foolish and careless out of a jam because they are too stupid to take care of themselves.  Let's give them a pat on the back for being promiscuous and make sure they keep having unprotected sex and spread diseases around.  Real good idea.

And I hate people that think like this who rationalize that a single issue is the most important thing in an election.  They base their vote on a single issue?????  How is that what is best for our country?  So narrow minded.  I'm glad you like going through life with blinders on.  But hey, at least the people who sleep around will be able to take a pill now and get ride of that "mistake".  Yep, that is the biggest problem this country faces.  What a joke.

tazz67mom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM

He is not saying you can't use birth control, only that the tax payers should not have to pay for it. Also some methods will not be covered because they have been linked to birth defects and health problems for women. Please check your facts. In this pic your husband is wearing a military uniform. I think the service members and the safety of our country outranks birth control. I would rather have enough defence and a well armed military than birth control. But that is just me.

tazz67mom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, that's the solution.  How about people taking responsibility for who they have sex with.  No, not in this country.  We'd rather take the backwards approach and help the foolish and careless out of a jam because they are too stupid to take care of themselves.  Let's give them a pat on the back for being promiscuous and make sure they keep having unprotected sex and spread diseases around.  Real good idea.

And I hate people that think like this who rationalize that a single issue is the most important thing in an election.  They base their vote on a single issue?????  How is that what is best for our country?  So narrow minded.  I'm glad you like going through life with blinders on.  But hey, at least the people who sleep around will be able to take a pill now and get ride of that "mistake".  Yep, that is the biggest problem this country faces.  What a joke.

The sad thing is that "pill" is given to teens ages 14-17 at some NY schools without the consent of parents. That is what our country is teaching our kids today? Go have sex and we will take care of you after you have sex. I am not a religious person, but I do have morals and standards and I think this is a very sad thing to teach our kids that it is okay to sleep around and take a pill, that could cause long term problems, to fix it all the day after.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)