Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obama has my vote just on this alone:

No, you can’t deny women their basic rights and pretend it’s about your ‘religious freedom.’ If you don’t like birth control, don’t use it. Religious freedom doesn’t mean you can force others to live by your own beliefs.

- President Barack Obama

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Replies (411-420):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 81 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

What does his government want to pay for?? Anything besides protesting to not help pay for shit? Crack down on crime so you can pay for more inmates to be housed? Good plan ;) How is asking parents to help pay for college going to help a nation who's childrens parents don't have a pot to piss in? Way to break the cycle!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 80 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I know.  The President is so short sighted and always misses the big picture.  He wants to patch things up using band aids like this pill.  You make a mistake and we'll make it better right now and to hell with the fallout and consequences down the road.  It was the same thing with his wall street/auto industry bailout.  Give a bunch of money to companies that failed at doing their job because it is obviously such a good investment.  It makes no sense.  We've had 12 years of poor leadership and it is looking like we are in store for four more since people who vote for him seem to like to pick out single issues and base their vote on that. 

Quoting tazz67mom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, that's the solution.  How about people taking responsibility for who they have sex with.  No, not in this country.  We'd rather take the backwards approach and help the foolish and careless out of a jam because they are too stupid to take care of themselves.  Let's give them a pat on the back for being promiscuous and make sure they keep having unprotected sex and spread diseases around.  Real good idea.

And I hate people that think like this who rationalize that a single issue is the most important thing in an election.  They base their vote on a single issue?????  How is that what is best for our country?  So narrow minded.  I'm glad you like going through life with blinders on.  But hey, at least the people who sleep around will be able to take a pill now and get ride of that "mistake".  Yep, that is the biggest problem this country faces.  What a joke.

The sad thing is that "pill" is given to teens ages 14-17 at some NY schools without the consent of parents. That is what our country is teaching our kids today? Go have sex and we will take care of you after you have sex. I am not a religious person, but I do have morals and standards and I think this is a very sad thing to teach our kids that it is okay to sleep around and take a pill, that could cause long term problems, to fix it all the day after.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 82 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Exactly what I was thinking!!

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Love isn't going to buy food and shelter.

Quoting angusb3ar:

Life was made to be spontaneous not think of how to prepare in every way possible. You will make it either way. All a baby really needs is love.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Yeah, but don't continue to make babies you can't afford.

VOTE FOR PEDRO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 81 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

For that reason alone I won't vote for him. Not that I think it's about religious freedom, but that I dont think anyone has the right to take a life.

maybe not but people should quit sweating other people for how they live theirs. If someone really wants an abortion they have tons of methods. The Philippines have pills you can take. if abortion isn't legal it will be just like drugs. Just bc it's illegal doesn't mean it will stop people from getting them. If you wanna do something you're gonna find a way. Just like if there is no PA people are gonna need to steal to survive. Courts will be flooded and so will prisons and jails. And those are expensive to run.
stefvan
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Why not?  Obama's going to feed them all. 

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Yeah, but don't continue to make babies you can't afford.

VOTE FOR PEDRO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 83 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

There are better candidates that feel the same that are better equipped for the job.

But if you like big government, big spending, a weak president, among other things; ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

For that reason alone I won't vote for him. Not that I think it's about religious freedom, but that I dont think anyone has the right to take a life.

maybe not but people should quit sweating other people for how they live theirs. If someone really wants an abortion they have tons of methods. The Philippines have pills you can take. if abortion isn't legal it will be just like drugs. Just bc it's illegal doesn't mean it will stop people from getting them. If you wanna do something you're gonna find a way. Just like if there is no PA people are gonna need to steal to survive. Courts will be flooded and so will prisons and jails. And those are expensive to run.

That's terrible logic. In that case, NOTHING should be illegal because it's just how ''other people live their lives''.

cherylam
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM

by denying women access to birth control, society is achieving a two fold purpose.... forcing women to have children they can't afford, unless they want to undergo an abortion, which is not a viable choice for many women, and controlling what you can do in your life (kinda hard to have a career when you have a few children you have to care for, and daycare is financially out of reach).  The good news is, as of now, birth control Is available ( until Congress gets around to denying funding for planned parenthood) relatively cheap.  By the way, the same ones who want to regulate the availability of birth control to all women are the same ones who have voted to deny equal pay for equal work.  Yep, I'm not into either party, but.... I have daughters, and I refuse to allow anyone to deny them basic health care, the right to choose how big they want their family to be, and deny them equal pay for equal work... so (sigh) this year it's democratic, which, by the way, also got Social Security, Medicare, Food Stamps and Medicaid into reality, all in the last 80 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG this still???? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 84 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL! If that's the biggest concern. Then Obama supporters are idiots!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN